- Sales Coordinator Europe Division
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Hydroponic Crop Manager
- Area Manager North-America
- Business Development Manager - LED Horticulture
- General Manager/Sales Manager - Mannum, South Australia
- Produce sales professionals
- Salesman - Vojvodina, North Serbia
- Internationaal Verkoper / Trader AGF - Barendrecht
- Production lab manager - Oregon, USA
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
- Emma Sicher makes packaging from fermented bacteria and yeast
- Pan-Asia and Camposol sign strategic agreement at international import exposition
- Turkey: Fig exports have surpassed 300 million USD
- Wesfarmers: Coles spin-off approved by shareholders
- US researchers discover genes that define a vegetable’s shape
CAN (ON): Packaging partnership ensures year-round fresh produce
“IFCO is a valuable partner,” said Jason Veno, Packaging Operations Manager for Pure Flavor. “Not only do they provide us with ‘smart packaging’ that protects and cools our products extremely well, they maximize our operational efficiency by ensuring we have an adequate supply of RPCs year-round, even during peak growing seasons. That predictability means we can continue to serve our customers and their shoppers efficiently, effectively and on time”, said Veno.
IFCO now provides Pure Flavor with over one million RPCs annually. They are used to package fresh produce at locations in San Antonio, Texas, Romulus, Michigan, and Leamington, Ontario, and are then shipped to retailers throughout the U.S. and Canada.
“IFCO’s partnership with Pure Flavor is based on thoughtful collaboration and the shared goal of providing consumers with a constant supply of high quality, safe, nutritious and affordable produce each- and every- day,” said Daniel Walsh, President, IFCO North America. “Our RPCs are tailor-made for growers like Pure Flavor that want the best possible efficiency and sustainability for their packaging, and we are proud to work side-by-side with such a visionary company. We are also proud of our presence and expansion in the Canadian marketplace, as well as the supporting infrastructure we have established there to better serve our many Canadian customers.”
IFCO and Pure Flavor have developed a forecasting model that tracks the company’s produce orders and growing seasons and ensures on-time delivery of the right number and type of RPCs throughout the year. In addition, some RPCs are stored on-site, providing the Pure Flavor operations group with greater flexibility to manage its product flow.
Ongoing collaboration between Pure Flavor and IFCO will continue to optimize supply chain operations, as well as reduce the companies’ environmental footprint in the months and years ahead.
IFCO and Pure Flavor will be exhibiting at the upcoming Southern Exposure Convention & Trade Show in Tampa, FL on March 3rd. IFCO will be located at Booth #120. Pure Flavor will be located at Booth #605. Retail partners are encouraged to stop by the Pure Flavor booth to learn more about the company’s greenhouse vegetable products as well as the expansion to Georgia with a new 75-acre high tech greenhouse facility.
For more information:
P.O. Box 607, Leamington, Ontario, N8H3X4
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-11-19 Change in thinking needed in the fresh produce chain: From Fork to Field
- 2018-11-16 WRAP signposts way towards sustainable use of plastics
- 2018-11-16 San Lucar meets cinema's ''The Grinch'
- 2018-11-14 “We help companies not represented in Asia minimize losses when their produce is rejected”
- 2018-11-14 UK firms makes new labels that track produce as it spoils
- 2018-11-14 Emma Sicher makes packaging from fermented bacteria and yeast
- 2018-11-13 UK: Should plastic-free packaging for fresh fruit and veg be mandatory?
- 2018-11-13 Packaging Automation announce major plans to support rapid growth
- 2018-11-08 'Premium berries should be offered in appropriate convenience packaging'
- 2018-11-08 Bio-Kette launches innovative cellulose fruit and vegetable nets
- 2018-11-07 Study: Extending shelf life of fresh produce by up to 4 days
- 2018-11-06 Canada: P.E.I. bag company sees plastic bag ban approaching
- 2018-11-02 "Reduction of packaging already a focus in breeding"
- 2018-11-02 Packaging in South Africa
- 2018-11-02 UK: Two Farmers - 100% compostable crisp bag
- 2018-11-01 Packing fresh produce in cardboard trays with top seal
- 2018-10-31 Polymer Logistics launches a container especially designed for plantains and bananas
- 2018-10-31 Eagle Packaging rebrands as EndFlex
- 2018-10-30 Brits fight plastic pollution with tea bags made of bananas
- 2018-10-30 UK’s Pipers Crisps wants to reduce waste