- Flower Bulb and Perennial Sales Position - Portland (Oregon) USA
- Plant Production Scientist - Brooklyn (NY) USA
- Greenhouse Assistant Grower - Abbotsford (B.C.) Canada
- Technical Sales Representative - South Western Ontario, Canada
- Farm Manager - West Africa
- Managing Agronomist - Surinam
- Vegetal Material Programme Leader - Cisterna di Latina (Latium), Italy
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Inkoop Specialist Holland Product - Netherlands
- Vegetable Grower - Australia
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
- Seven most commonly wasted fruits and vegetables
- Schoonbee Landgoed opens HalleluYah Primary health care clinic
- Mango Board receives marketing excellence award
- Citrus market holding ground despite limited supply
- US: Sheriff's Office recovers stolen grape packaging materials from illicit fruit packing business
Top 5 -last week
Effects of Cyclone ‘Gita’ catastrophic for some orchardists
According to stuff.co.nz, some orchardists had started harvesting their applies when Gita hit. Up until that moment, it looked like a beautiful crop season.
Some growers lost many trees or had to clean out packing sheds and cool stores, others had to find alternative accommodation for their workers when on-site housing was also swamped.
West Coast-Tasman MP Damien O'Connor, who's also the Minister of Agriculture and Rural Communities, had visited some affected areas and said he believed the effects had been underestimated originally. “It's had a severe impact on a number of orchards and orchard operations," O'Connor said. "The cost of the clean-up alone is going to be a huge burden on those orchard operations."
O'Connor said he was working with Tasman District Council and other Government agencies to determine what help might be available for people.
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 09/21/2018 Typhoon Mangkhut does significant damage to Guangdong
- 09/21/2018 Plenty of fields still water-logged in North Carolina
- 09/20/2018 China: How did typhoon "Mangkhut" affect the fruit industry?
- 09/20/2018 El Niño is looming again
- 09/19/2018 Philippines vegetable prices skyrocket after typhoon ‘Ompong’
- 09/19/2018 India: Fruit and vegetable prices shoot up post floods
- 09/18/2018 Update: Sweet potato harvest halted after Hurricane Florence
- 09/18/2018 South Africa eager to repair drought damage
- 09/18/2018 Australia: Drought fails to drain value from agri-sector
- 09/17/2018 Hurricane Florence to hit late tomatoes, corn and strawberries in North Carolina
- 09/17/2018 Flights to Taiwan-Hong Kong canceled due to typhoon
- 09/13/2018 Hurricane Florence slowing down and tracking further south
- 09/11/2018 Infrastructure the biggest concern as Hurricane Florence targets Carolinas
- 09/05/2018 ‘El Niño weather phenomenon to hit Colombia in November’
- 09/04/2018 A cold and wet August augurs well for Cape fruit
- 08/31/2018 'Drought policy reform should focus on preparing for drier climate'
- 08/27/2018 Australia: Rain in New South Wales & Queensland
- 08/23/2018 Australia: Substantial rain event forecast for this weekend
- 08/22/2018 Venezuela hit by earthquake
- 08/21/2018 Drought in Europe