Job offersmore »
- Senior Grower - Australia
- General Manager - Australia
- Purchasing Specialist Exoten - Netherlands
- Intercompany Key Account Manager Exoten - Netherlands
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
- Russian fruit and vegetable imports partially recovered
- Research into potential of Feijoas to become Australia's next 'superfood'
Exchange ratesmore »
A Hanoi speciality
Vietnam’s famous Dien pomeloIn the past, the Dien pomelo was a precious fruit, offered to kings. The fruit was originally from Doan Hung area in the northern Vietnamese province of Phu Tho. The fruit soon adapted to the soil of the Bac Tu Liem district, Hanoi and became the capital city’s speciality.
The Dien pomelo bear fruits during the last two months of Lunar Calendar, which is also the time that people prepare for the Tet Festival. It is a time many Hanoians and others travel to Dien village to buy the fruit for the festival. Unlike other pomelo varieties, the Dien pomelo can be kept up to four months without any preservatives. People are advised to let the fruit’s skin dry to enjoy its full taste.
Vietnamnet.vn reports that nowadays, Dien pomelo is planted in many cities and provinces but the quality of the Dien pomelo in the Bac Tu Liem district is still considered to be the best. The fruit is also the pride and joy of the local pomelo growers.
Publication date: 2/27/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: