Job offersmore »
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
- Farm Manager - Perth, Western Australia
- Expansion manager
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
A Hanoi speciality
Vietnam’s famous Dien pomeloIn the past, the Dien pomelo was a precious fruit, offered to kings. The fruit was originally from Doan Hung area in the northern Vietnamese province of Phu Tho. The fruit soon adapted to the soil of the Bac Tu Liem district, Hanoi and became the capital city’s speciality.
The Dien pomelo bear fruits during the last two months of Lunar Calendar, which is also the time that people prepare for the Tet Festival. It is a time many Hanoians and others travel to Dien village to buy the fruit for the festival. Unlike other pomelo varieties, the Dien pomelo can be kept up to four months without any preservatives. People are advised to let the fruit’s skin dry to enjoy its full taste.
Vietnamnet.vn reports that nowadays, Dien pomelo is planted in many cities and provinces but the quality of the Dien pomelo in the Bac Tu Liem district is still considered to be the best. The fruit is also the pride and joy of the local pomelo growers.
Publication date: 2/27/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: