Job offersmore »
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
- Accountmanager aardappelinkoop België / Frankrijk
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region -Antwerp- Quality Supervisor, Belgium
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL AVOCADO MARKET
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- California grape grower-shipper publishes first Corporate Social Responsibly Report
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
Exchange ratesmore »
Mexico: Michoacan leads organic mango production
In the last three years, Michoacan has positioned itself as the leading state for the production of organic mangoes, with the endorsement of the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA).
Xavier Chavez Contreras, the president of the Mango Product System in the state, said that the state currently has 3,500 hectares devoted to this product and that they expected to double the cultivated area because of the high demand for this organic fruit.
"The idea is to have 6 to 7 thousand hectares to meet the requirements of international markets," he said. Organic mango is 50% more expensive than the conventional fruit.
This would allow organic mango producers to increase their export and marketing volumes in the production's peak months, i.e. from February to June.
Michoacan is practically the only Mexican exporter that meets all the requirements to export conventional and organic mangoes to the United States.
Publication date: 2/27/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: