- Flower Bulb and Perennial Sales Position - Portland (Oregon) USA
- Plant Production Scientist - Brooklyn (NY) USA
- Greenhouse Assistant Grower - Abbotsford (B.C.) Canada
- Technical Sales Representative - South Western Ontario, Canada
- Farm Manager - West Africa
- Managing Agronomist - Surinam
- Vegetal Material Programme Leader - Cisterna di Latina (Latium), Italy
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Inkoop Specialist Holland Product - Netherlands
- Vegetable Grower - Australia
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
- 100 degree days greet start of Washington potato season
- VegDoctor encourages Australian growers to innovate
- South Africa: Land reform announcement disquiets but delivers nothing new
- Sunmoon Food is transforming its global chain platform
- 'Costa Rican pineapple rings popular with health-conscious consumers''
Top 5 -last week
North-east India: Farm-side cold storages for vegetables
According to official figures, around 25% of fruits and vegetables harvested in the Bihar district are damaged before marketing because of lack of proper storage facilities. This is a huge number, as Bihar produced 16.6 million tonnes of vegetables and 4.23 million tonnes of fruits in 2016-17.
"The state government will provide a subsidy of 650,000 rupees (8,100 euros) to set up one portable cold storage. It would be solar-powered, so farmers would not have to bear the recurring power cost," said Agriculture Minister Prem Kumar.
A telegraphindia.com report claims that if proper storage facilities are not present, the volume of damaged produce would only increase in coming years as the state is aiming to take production levels of vegetables to 25.3 million tonnes and fruits to 6 million tonnes by 2021-22.
A portable cold storage costs around 1.3 million rupees (16,300 euros) and has a capacity to store 5 tonnes of produce at a low temperature. The department has a target to set up 38 solar portable cold storages in the current fiscal year.
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 09/19/2018 Frozen fruit market in the EU: Germany remains the largest importer
- 09/13/2018 Etihad Cargo increases focus on cold chain industry with 'FreshForward' product
- 09/13/2018 Reefer container trade ripe for a digital boost
- 09/05/2018 CMA CGM launches Climactive
- 08/29/2018 OTACCWA wants to reduce Nigeria’s N9 billion post-harvest losses
- 08/29/2018 Dearman launches South Africa cooling project to reduce harvest loss
- 08/28/2018 Gambia: Gunjur to get fruit cold storage facility by late 2019
- 08/27/2018 Seveplant/Verbeek BV opens new cooling facility in Serbia
- 08/21/2018 Dearman technology targets food waste South Africa
- 08/15/2018 China: Vanke acquires Swire Cold Chain Logistics
- 08/10/2018 Mobile chill technology ready for its moment
- 08/09/2018 Microsoft announce 2018 Microsoft Airband Initiative grant Africa recipients
- 07/16/2018 NewCold to open fully automated cold storage facility in Burley, Idaho
- 07/05/2018 Russia: Seven storage units to be built in federal republic of Adygea
- 06/22/2018 Air cargo community should create its own supply chain standard
- 06/11/2018 "Renting a temporary refrigeration system is the ideal solution for capacity problems"
- 06/08/2018 Japan’s cold chain logistics helps Myanmar farmers
- 06/01/2018 Different opportunities for ripening rooms
- 05/28/2018 New storage space with cooling in Australia
- 05/23/2018 Iran: First refrigerated export to UAE via Bandar Lengeh