- Flower Bulb and Perennial Sales Position - Portland (Oregon) USA
- Plant Production Scientist - Brooklyn (NY) USA
- Greenhouse Assistant Grower - Abbotsford (B.C.) Canada
- Technical Sales Representative - South Western Ontario, Canada
- Farm Manager - West Africa
- Managing Agronomist - Surinam
- Vegetal Material Programme Leader - Cisterna di Latina (Latium), Italy
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Inkoop Specialist Holland Product - Netherlands
- Vegetable Grower - Australia
Top 5 -yesterday
- The scientific community awarded Prof Guglielmo Costa
- Poundland plans to open 20 stores in former Poundworld sites
- Apple and stonefruit industry members encouraged by release of some plants, but still a way to go
- French pear prices above the average
- 'Fruit wants to start ripening only when the time is right'
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
Montreal fresh produce market
Canada: Atwater Market reopened following Friday morning fire
No one was injured, but damages are estimated at around $50,000. Farmer said the building’s sprinkler system did its job, helping limit the spread of fire. But heavy smoke did make its way inside the market. Industrial fans are being used to aerate the building.
According to globalnews.ca the firemen had to push some fridges on the ground and they were full of fruits. Tables full of vegetables and fruits were also knocked over, sending food everywhere.
“The fire was caused by a lightbulb that had exploded and the debris from the light had fallen onto combustible material,” explained Danny Ciavaglia of the Montreal Fire Department.
By noon on Friday, the market was back to business as usual, save for the stalls directly affected by the fire.
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 09/25/2018 New internship toolkit available from Center for Growing Talent
- 09/25/2018 'Fruit wants to start ripening only when the time is right'
- 09/25/2018 Aldi shoppers indignant after live frog found in salad again
- 09/25/2018 Tariffs in China take toll on local produce exporter
- 09/25/2018 Australia: Sunraysia growers rank ‘surveillance’ as Q-Fly priority
- 09/25/2018 Scuba diver fails to eat banana
- 09/25/2018 The scientific community awarded Prof Guglielmo Costa
- 09/25/2018 Bonduelle Fresh Americas sends 10,000 salads to help Hurricane Florence victims
- 09/24/2018 What grocery shopping looks like in 10 places around the world
- 09/24/2018 “Our cutting plant can fill in mise-en-place role well”
- 09/24/2018 Parasitic wasp to help reduce pests in Oman's pomegranates
- 09/24/2018 Asda's avocado Christmas themes
- 09/24/2018 South Africa: Export crops highlighted in economic stimulus package
- 09/21/2018 China: 6600 square meter plant factory constructed in Chongqing
- 09/21/2018 Colombian woman arrested for coordinating shipments of cocaine hidden in fruit
- 09/21/2018 Map of Africa based on population
- 09/21/2018 United Fresh appoints McDonald’s supply chain leader to Board of Directors
- 09/21/2018 Currency crisis unfolding – Will it catch up to the US?
- 09/21/2018 WTO members demand more clarity on US farm spending
- 09/21/2018 League of Legends’ latest mascot is a giant, talking cabbage roll