Job offersmore »
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
- Farm Manager - Perth, Western Australia
- Expansion manager
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Canada relaxes quarantine standards for South Korean pearsIn a statement last Sunday, Seoul's Agriculture Ministry revealed that Canada has eased quarantine standards for pear imports from South Korea. This most probably will enable this fruit to expand its presence in the North American market,
The produce of pear orchards, located within 200 meters of peach trees, has not been allowed to be shipped to Canada. Now, after 10 months of negotiations, both sides have agreed to remove the quarantine standards. Seoul assured Ottawa that it can handle pest control concerns raised and that the rule of not having other plants nearby is excessive.
According to yonhapnews.com, last year, South Korea shipped 345 tons of pears, worth $1 million, to Canada. This makes Canada the fifth largest export market, according to the Ministry. The US remains their number 1 destination, accounting for about 40 percent of Korea's pear exports.
Publication date: 2/26/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: