Job offersmore »
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
- Farm Manager - Perth, Western Australia
- Expansion manager
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
China: How can the apple market recover?
The quality of apples on the Chinese domestic market has been irregular in recent years. Consumerl select the apples they like best. So, what are the retail conditions of the current apple market?
Apple stand in the fruit wholesale market
1. Truly tasty apples sell well (flavor). Taste comes first in the eyes of consumers.
2. Tasty apples that are also good-looking sell even better (quality).
3. The famous brands of superior businesses sell well (safe and trustworthy).
Brand consumption is a global trend. It is true for the domestic market and the international market.
Wholesale apple market
4. Apples with a good price-quality ratio sell well (benefit). China has 1.4 billion people. The majority of them look for a bargain when they buy apples. Not only do they pay attention to quality, but they also look for a suitable price. Only then do they buy.
5. Apples with a small production volume sell well (rarity is valued). The overall market right now has an apple supply that exceeds demand, but locally the apples with a limited production volume sell especially well.
6. Specialty apples sell well (distinction). The Chinese market is huge. It requires variety. It needs a hundred varieties to sell to a hundred customers. The key for a company is to have their apples stand out.
Publication date: 2/26/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: