- General Manager/Sales Manager - Mannum, South Australia
- Produce sales professionals
- Salesman - Vojvodina, North Serbia
- Internationaal Verkoper / Trader AGF - Barendrecht
- Production lab manager - Oregon, USA
- Verkoper Groothandelsmarkten - Rotterdam
- Procurement Executive - Middle East
- Experienced export manager looking for new opportunities
- Sales Executive Fruit & Exotics - Rotterdam
- Product Manager / Concept Manager - Verspakketten - Ridderkerk
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
- Italy: Fresh pineapples from the DR thanks to air transportation
- Nielsen expects online share in supermarkets to increase to 5% in 2020
- 'Premium berries should be offered in appropriate convenience packaging'
- US: Fire destroys popular ‘Willey Farms’ farmers market
- "We are extremely concerned about the lack of certainty, the lack of assurances that the UK government has provided"
European Court of Auditors examining organic food control system
They will also try to assess whether consumers can now have greater confidence that products are truly organic than they could at the time of the 2012 audit. The auditors have also published a Background Paper on the EU organic-food control system.
Organic production is a way of producing food and other products that respects natural life cycles. The organic nature of products is verified on the basis of a certification system laid down in EU law and overseen by the European Commission. The system is implemented by the member states and inspections are made by both public and private bodies.
Eureporter.co states that retail sales in the EU organic market grew by 54% between 2010 and 2015. The total area under organic farming in the EU increased by 21% over the same period. Imports of organic produce grew by 32% between 2012 and 2015. Although the price of organic products is higher than that of conventionally produced products, the market struggles to meet demand and the premium that consumers are willing to pay has the potential to encourage fraudulent organic sales.
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-11-14 Arizona-based squash grower announces organic program
- 2018-11-14 "Poland is a leader in conventional apples, so why not in organic apples?"
- 2018-11-12 Switzerland: Sales of organic products are growing strongly
- 2018-11-12 Organic products still on growth track worldwide
- 2018-11-09 "Organic vegetables are an attractive investment"
- 2018-11-08 Switzerland: Organic supermarkets are on the rise
- 2018-11-07 France: Financial support for organic farming is lagging behind
- 2018-11-06 Rising demand for organic asparagus in the global asparagus market
- 2018-11-05 "Organic foods are not safer, and probably not more nutritious either"
- 2018-11-01 Peru: Organic banana production drops in Piura due to the cold
- 2018-11-01 “In ten years the whole of Europe will be eating organic”
- 2018-10-31 Actual cost of organic cauliflower much lower than for conventional produce
- 2018-10-31 Organic products from Lower Saxony on the rise
- 2018-10-31 Organic Grower Summit educational session - "Technology is not Just for Big Ag"
- 2018-10-29 Organic horticultural sector facing the challenge of a growing demand
- 2018-10-29 Chile has already exported more organic products to the EU than last year
- 2018-10-29 REWE Bio with higher quality standards than EU Organic Regulation
- 2018-10-26 "Spanish organic sector is in crisis"
- 2018-10-22 Successfully cautioned: online organic products without certification
- 2018-10-17 Candid conversation with National Organic Standards Board (NOSB) members