- Flower Bulb and Perennial Sales Position - Portland (Oregon) USA
- Plant Production Scientist - Brooklyn (NY) USA
- Greenhouse Assistant Grower - Abbotsford (B.C.) Canada
- Technical Sales Representative - South Western Ontario, Canada
- Farm Manager - West Africa
- Managing Agronomist - Surinam
- Vegetal Material Programme Leader - Cisterna di Latina (Latium), Italy
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Inkoop Specialist Holland Product - Netherlands
- Vegetable Grower - Australia
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
New Zealand: 15th anniversary of Tauranga Farmers Market
Trixie Allen, market manager since 2008, said it started in 2003 at the Historic Village with a handful of stallholders after a Small Farmers Association meeting. In 2005 there were 15 to 20 stallholders. Today that number has grown to 55, but numbers peaked in the summer to 65.
According to an article on nzherald.co.nz, the ‘Tauranga Farmers & Producers Market Incorporated Society’ had a membership of 80, and on an average Saturday morning 2,300 shoppers come through the gates.
Miss Allen: "Our market is a true farmers market with no third-party on-selling, and those running the stalls are either the producer, a family member or an employee, who knows the background of what they're selling, which is exactly why customers shop here."
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 09/25/2018 "We are endeavouring to find the best brands out there to market"
- 09/25/2018 Independent grocers hold their ground against national retailers
- 09/24/2018 Chile and Brazil sign memorandum of understanding on organic products
- 09/24/2018 "Too Good to Go"-boxes
- 09/24/2018 Germany: Supermarket chain Rewe to buy imperfect produce
- 09/24/2018 Rwanda's agricultural exports grow by 44%
- 09/24/2018 'Availability of apples expanded - range of goods continued to diversify'
- 09/24/2018 Turkey: Food exports to China doubled in past three years
- 09/21/2018 Vietnam regains "strength" in Chinese fruit and vegetable export
- 09/21/2018 Mexico’s fruit and vegetable exports
- 09/21/2018 Kern County, USA: The nation's leading agricultural county
- 09/21/2018 Vegetables arrive by air from Mindanao
- 09/21/2018 Many consumers 'grossed out' by GMOs
- 09/21/2018 China and Mongolia launch first cross-border "green channel"
- 09/20/2018 Fruit variety and convenience for your winter wine
- 09/20/2018 Dominican Republic opens commercial relations with China
- 09/19/2018 Danish producer saves 75 tons of 'ugly' tomatoes
- 09/19/2018 US: California agriculture leads nation in funding for specialty crops
- 09/19/2018 "We will never be the cheapest producer in the world"
- 09/18/2018 Why the tomato was feared in Europe for more than 200 years