Job offersmore »
- General Manager - Australia
- Purchasing Specialist Exoten - Netherlands
- Intercompany Key Account Manager Exoten - Netherlands
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
New Zealand: 15th anniversary of Tauranga Farmers MarketThis year marks the 15th anniversary of the iconic Tauranga Farmers & Producers Market. Local growers and food producers who pride themselves on selling home-grown food direct to the public will be celebrating the milestone with a special birthday market today at Tauranga Primary School.
Trixie Allen, market manager since 2008, said it started in 2003 at the Historic Village with a handful of stallholders after a Small Farmers Association meeting. In 2005 there were 15 to 20 stallholders. Today that number has grown to 55, but numbers peaked in the summer to 65.
According to an article on nzherald.co.nz, the ‘Tauranga Farmers & Producers Market Incorporated Society’ had a membership of 80, and on an average Saturday morning 2,300 shoppers come through the gates.
Miss Allen: "Our market is a true farmers market with no third-party on-selling, and those running the stalls are either the producer, a family member or an employee, who knows the background of what they're selling, which is exactly why customers shop here."
Publication date: 2/23/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: