Job offersmore »
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
- Farm Manager - Perth, Western Australia
- Expansion manager
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Good start of the year for Peruvian onions
Peruvian fresh onion exports registered an important growth in the first month of 2018. According to the Agrodata Peru website, Peru exported a total of 28,365,208 kilos of this product for an FOB value of US $10,280,827 in January. This volume is higher than the 20,609,051 kilos worth US $6,216,000 shipped abroad in the same month of 2017.
During the 12 months of 2017, Peru exported 186,525,084 kilos of onion for a value of US $66,906,543.
According to the same source, the United States was the main destination for the Peruvian onions in the first month of this year as it accounted for 71% of total shipments. It was followed by Spain (19%), Colombia (8%), and the Netherlands and Chile, with 1% each.
The main export companies during January 2018 were Miranda Internacional SAC with US $ 1,074,000, followed by Mentor Service Trade SAC (US $ 855,000), Negocios Electroagricolas SAC (US $ 766,000), Novoluz SA (US $ 477,000), Bland Farms SAC (US $ 424,000), and Keyperu SA (US $ 268,000).
It should be noted, however, that the Peruvian onion continues to be undervalued in neighboring countries, where it is sold at US $0.18 per kilo, while in other countries it is sold at US $0.41.
"In January of this year, 138 trucks of 40 metric tons, each with undervalued prices, passed through the borders," the report states.
Publication date: 2/23/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: