Job offersmore »
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
- Farm Manager - Perth, Western Australia
- Expansion manager
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Spain: Hearing for the appeal filed by Fruits de Ponent due to Russian veto
This Tuesday, the General Court of Justice of the European Union, in Luxembourg, held a hearing for the appeal filed by Fruits de Ponent Cooperative Group against the European Commission (EC), which was motivated by the measures adopted in August 2014 to deal with the disturbances in the stone fruit market (caused by the Russian veto).
Representing the cooperative group's defence, lawyer Miquel Roca Junyent asked the General Court to order the European Commission to repair the damages caused to cooperative members during the 2014 campaign, since he believes the Commission did not act diligently and effectively.
The general director of the group, Josep Presseguer, assured that the behaviour of the Commission became clear at the hearing, which in his opinion acted "late and inefficiently," and has asked for 312,000 Euro in compensations.
According to the cooperative group, the Commission resorted to correction mechanisms that had already been labelled as inadequate and ineffective by the institution a few months earlier. It also failed to collect adequate information from the markets, and the withdrawal measures were not the right ones to deal with the crisis generated.
Fruits de Ponent also wished to put an emphasis on the crisis that they believe has affected the sector since 2014 and which they claim has caused huge financial losses, in addition to the disappearance of many farms.
Source: Europa Press
Publication date: 2/22/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: