Job offersmore »
- General Manager - Australia
- Purchasing Specialist Exoten - Netherlands
- Intercompany Key Account Manager Exoten - Netherlands
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- Research into potential of Feijoas to become Australia's next 'superfood'
- Australia: NSW melon farm speaks out on listeria outbreak
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL SWEET POTATO MARKET
- California's heavy rain highlights benefits of hydroponic strawberries
- Corona branded limes to be available in the Beer & Liquor aisle
Top 5 - last month
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL AVOCADO MARKET
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- California grape grower-shipper publishes first Corporate Social Responsibly Report
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
Exchange ratesmore »
New partnership established for Crimson SnowThe Crimson Snow® Club recently met for the annual Crimson Snow® Global Meeting. The club welcomed at Fruit Logistica the new French partner, Mesfruits, on board by officially signing the contract. The group took the opportunity to analyse trends and tendencies and to discuss the next strategic steps.
"The variety is very robust, easy to grow and environment friendly. The consumers love the red color and the "snow-white“ flesh. Another advantage is the long storage, making Crimson Snow® ideal for the second half of the season, when other varieties are already sold. In this period there is, with Crimson Snow®, a locally produced apple in the market with no need to rely on imports from the southern hemisphere," explained Jürgen Braun.
"The Crimson Snow® Club also took some important steps to tap into new markets. The marketing launch of the Spanish Market will start shortly. For an easier pronunciation of Crimson Snow® in Spain they came up with a slightly modified and re-designed logo and layout, fulfilling Spanish requirements. A customized online presence with the new website www.laqueselleva.com and an Instagram account supports the Spanish program."
"Another essential part is promotion and communication. Crimson Snow® wants to give consumers the chance to look behind the scenes by putting growers in the spotlight. All their stories lead to a great feeling. Watch them on social media and the refreshed international website www.crimsonsnow-apple.com."
"Crimson Snow® was developed in Australia as variety "MC38" and is today globally managed by KIKU Variety Management. Grown in Italy by Rivoira Giovanni & Figli, Sanifrutta, Fratelli Clementi, VOG and Bio Meran, in Switzerland by Iseppi Frutta, in Serbia by Verdavivo/Agrounija and in France by Mesfruits. The planted surface for the club apple will be 700 hectares by 2022."
Publication date: 2/26/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: