Job offersmore »
- Senior Grower - Australia
- General Manager - Australia
- Purchasing Specialist Exoten - Netherlands
- Intercompany Key Account Manager Exoten - Netherlands
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- Russian fruit and vegetable imports partially recovered
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
- Research into potential of Feijoas to become Australia's next 'superfood'
Exchange ratesmore »
Fruitimprese data on fresh produce trade during the first 11 months of 2017Between January and November 2017, Italian exports have reached €4.5 billion (+3.5% compared to last year) despite the slight drop in volumes (-5.5%). The turnover generated by imports has also increased by 4.7% reaching €3.5 billion.
The balance is of approximately €920 million, 4.7% more than November 2016.
During the first eleven months of 2017, Italian businesses exported 3,660,000 tons of products.
Export flows dropped for all segments except dried fruit (10.1%): vegetables (-10.8%), citrus fruit (-16.1%), fresh fruit (-4.1%). The value was positive for vegetables (1.4%) and fresh fruit (6.4%) while it was negative for citrus fruit (-10.4%) and dried fruit (-2.4%).
During the same period, Italy imported around 3,283,000 tons of products, 7.9% more than 2016.
As regards the single segments, there was an increase in the volumes of vegetables (2.3%), citrus fruit (37.5%), fresh fruit (5.5%) and tropical fruit (8.3%) while those of dried fruit dropped (-4.2%). Value was positive for all segments except dried fruit (-9.2%).
Associazione Imprese Ortofrutticole
Via Sabotino 46
Tel.: (+39) 06 37515147
Fax: (+39) 06 3723659
Publication date: 2/22/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: