Job offersmore »
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
- Farm Manager - Perth, Western Australia
- Expansion manager
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Spain: New outbreak of Xylella Fastidiosa detected in Alicante
The Council of Agriculture has detected a new outbreak of Xylella fastidiosa in 47 almond tree plantations of sixteen municipalities in the province of Alicante. In total, there are twenty-two areas affected.
This sixth Xylella outbreak is making it necessary to adopt the phytosanitary eradication and control measures established by the European Union, which consist in the application of insecticide treatments against Xylella vectors in the plants that may house them within a minimum radius of one hundred metres around each infected plot. The plants within a radius of one hundred meters around each infected tree should also be sampled and analysed, and the plant material hosting the Xylella (or suspected of doing so) should be destroyed within fifteen days.
Publication date: 2/21/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: