Job offersmore »
- Purchasing Specialist Exoten - Netherlands
- Intercompany Key Account Manager Exoten - Netherlands
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- Research into potential of Feijoas to become Australia's next 'superfood'
- Australia: NSW melon farm speaks out on listeria outbreak
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL SWEET POTATO MARKET
- California's heavy rain highlights benefits of hydroponic strawberries
- Corona branded limes to be available in the Beer & Liquor aisle
Top 5 - last month
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL AVOCADO MARKET
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- California grape grower-shipper publishes first Corporate Social Responsibly Report
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
Exchange ratesmore »
Ambassador from Ecuador hopes for strengthened relations with QatarEcuadorian ambassador Ivonne A-Baki says her country is optimistic that it can strengthen bilateral relations with Qatar.
“I have identified several areas of trade and businesses where there could be more intense co-operation between Doha and Quito,” she said prior to Ecuador’s trade and investment minister Pablo Campana’s visit to Qatar.
The Latin American nation’s envoy described Qatar as an amazing destination with remarkably good scope for attracting many tourists if it is marketed correctly in South America. At the same time she was highlighting the necessity of introducing direct air connectivity between Doha and Quito, Ecuador’s capital.
Gulf-times.com reported how currently Qatar Airways is operating cargo flights from Quito to Doha. The ambassador hopes the introduction of regular passenger flights could help export Ecuadorian bananas -among other things- to this region. “Ecuador is one of the largest producers of bananas in the world and people in Qatar could also get a chance to regularly savour fruits and vegetables from Ecuador along with those from other markets.”
Publication date: 2/21/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: