Job offersmore »
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
- Farm Manager - Perth, Western Australia
- Expansion manager
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Cook County, Georgia
US: Carrot producer opening new packaging facility and warehouseGrimmway Farms is one of the world's largest producers of carrots. On Monday, the family owned company opened a new packaging facility and warehouse in Sparks. This is certainly good news for the local economy.
"For them to choose Cook County as their Southeast location is tremendous; for South Georgia, the region, even the whole southeast area," said Lisa Collins, Executive Director of the Cook County Economic Development Commission.
The carrots are grown in Live Oak, Florida and are now packaged in Cook County, bringing with them 50 seasonal and 4 full time jobs.
Click here for a short WCTV.tv clip
"That a preeminent brand is to choose Georgia is big for our whole fruits and vegetables industry. We've had some really good progress in this arena the last 20 to 25 years, but this is like another anchor tenant," said Gary Black with the Georgia Department of Agriculture.
Grimmway Farms products can be found at many local grocery stores. Across the nation they tend to 40,000 acres of carrots and an additional 40 thousand acres of organic vegetables.
Publication date: 2/20/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: