Job offersmore »
- General Manager - Australia
- Purchasing Specialist Exoten - Netherlands
- Intercompany Key Account Manager Exoten - Netherlands
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- Research into potential of Feijoas to become Australia's next 'superfood'
- Australia: NSW melon farm speaks out on listeria outbreak
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL SWEET POTATO MARKET
- California's heavy rain highlights benefits of hydroponic strawberries
- Corona branded limes to be available in the Beer & Liquor aisle
Top 5 - last month
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL AVOCADO MARKET
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- California grape grower-shipper publishes first Corporate Social Responsibly Report
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
Exchange ratesmore »
Cook County, Georgia
US: Carrot producer opening new packaging facility and warehouseGrimmway Farms is one of the world's largest producers of carrots. On Monday, the family owned company opened a new packaging facility and warehouse in Sparks. This is certainly good news for the local economy.
"For them to choose Cook County as their Southeast location is tremendous; for South Georgia, the region, even the whole southeast area," said Lisa Collins, Executive Director of the Cook County Economic Development Commission.
The carrots are grown in Live Oak, Florida and are now packaged in Cook County, bringing with them 50 seasonal and 4 full time jobs.
Click here for a short WCTV.tv clip
"That a preeminent brand is to choose Georgia is big for our whole fruits and vegetables industry. We've had some really good progress in this arena the last 20 to 25 years, but this is like another anchor tenant," said Gary Black with the Georgia Department of Agriculture.
Grimmway Farms products can be found at many local grocery stores. Across the nation they tend to 40,000 acres of carrots and an additional 40 thousand acres of organic vegetables.
Publication date: 2/20/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: