Job offersmore »
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
- Farm Manager - Perth, Western Australia
- Expansion manager
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Malaysia: Increased demand for festive goods in LabuanCompared to 2017, the duty-free island of Labuan has seen an increase in demand for Chinese New Year goods this year. According to a spokesperson from Bataras Hypermarket here, the demand for certain products that are known to be best-sellers during this festive season has increased.
These products include snacks and tidbits usually served at open houses. The demand for cold storage too has increased, mainly for certain types of seafood.
A fruit vendor at the main market said the demand for various types of fruit has increased by 30 percent. These fruits include mandarin oranges, oranges, Korean pears, apples, pineapple and pomelo.
The prices for these products however remain the same during this festive season. This is due to the price control scheme imposed by the Domestic Trade, Co-operatives and Consumerism Ministry, reported dailyexpress.com.
Publication date: 2/20/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: