Job offersmore »
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
- Farm Manager - Perth, Western Australia
- Expansion manager
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Health benefits of the African star appleThe African star apple, also known as the Agbalumo or Udara, has some wonderful health benefits. Of course, it is already popular across Africa for its sweet-sour taste and gummy skin. But apart from that, pulse.ng listed some of the wonderful health benefits of the Agbalumo:
1. It has a high vitamin C content
As many people know, the benefits of vitamin C include protection against immune system deficiencies, cardiovascular disease, prenatal health problems, eye disease and even ageing of the skin. The Agbalumo is a wonderful source of vitamin C, with 25 mg of vitamin C per 100 gram of fruit.
2. It is a natural remedy
Agbalumo is a natural remedy for toothache, constipation, sore throat, mouth gum disease and much more. Herbal practitioners are also known to use the bark of the tree to treat yellow fever and malaria, while the leaves are useful for treating wounds, stomach ache, and diarrhea.
3. It is a natural anti-oxidant
Antioxidants are substances that remove potentially damaging oxidizing agents in a living organism. It can also be said those substances help protect our cells against the effects of free radicals.
4. It helps you lose weight
As funny as this may sound, it is what it is: Agbalumo can be very useful when it comes to weight reduction. One serving of Agbalumo contains just 67 calories; this makes it a good choice for people with weight issues as they get fewer calories in the process of consuming it.
5. It is good for pregnant women
It is not a coincidence that Agbalumo is liked by some pregnant women. As a matter of fact, the acidic taste of Agbalumo help prevents the urge to vomit when experiencing morning sickness.
Publication date: 2/16/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: