- Business Development Manager - LED Horticulture
- General Manager/Sales Manager - Mannum, South Australia
- Produce sales professionals
- Salesman - Vojvodina, North Serbia
- Internationaal Verkoper / Trader AGF - Barendrecht
- Production lab manager - Oregon, USA
- Verkoper Groothandelsmarkten - Rotterdam
- Procurement Executive - Middle East
- Experienced export manager looking for new opportunities
- Sales Executive Fruit & Exotics - Rotterdam
Top 5 -yesterday
- US (CA): Microgreens grower has been supplying restaurants for two decades
- Province of Paita could become Peru's largest producer of grapes
- Fitting the next 6 most populated countries inside India
- China: Hainan "Qiongzhong green oranges" are ripe and entering the market
- Russia: Unusual drop of fruit and veg prices in October
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
Philippines: Salvador Benedicto potential highland organic vegetable capital
The Office of the Provincial Agriculturist is currently focusing on boosting production of high-value crops, mainly vegetables, to support the local food industry, specifically restaurants and culinary destinations. Provincial Agriculturist Japhet Masculino said that the increasing tourism appeal in the province requires additional production of fresh and healthy high-value crops.
Masculino: “We are working on further developing Salvador Benedicto as a major source of highland organic vegetables. It is just a matter of looking for farmers willing to go into vegetable production. Cabbage, broccoli, lettuce, and carrots are among the vegetables that are produced in upland areas. These crops are more suited for highland places due to certain climatic range.“
Sunstar.com reported how Salvador Benedicto really has huge potential for vegetable production given its ideal climate and good accessibility to irrigation, he added. What the town needs now is just the introduction of technology among its farmers, and mentoring, to start producing highland organic vegetables.
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-11-16 "More and more Moroccan growers switch due to good demand for organic"
- 2018-11-16 Bananas and tomatoes are the top-selling organic products in Switzerland
- 2018-11-15 More than half of organic vegetables come from local fields
- 2018-11-15 NOS: Volume of Russian market for organic products is €160 million
- 2018-11-14 Arizona-based squash grower announces organic program
- 2018-11-14 "Poland is a leader in conventional apples, so why not in organic apples?"
- 2018-11-12 Switzerland: Sales of organic products are growing strongly
- 2018-11-12 Organic products still on growth track worldwide
- 2018-11-09 "Organic vegetables are an attractive investment"
- 2018-11-08 Switzerland: Organic supermarkets are on the rise
- 2018-11-07 France: Financial support for organic farming is lagging behind
- 2018-11-06 Rising demand for organic asparagus in the global asparagus market
- 2018-11-05 "Organic foods are not safer, and probably not more nutritious either"
- 2018-11-01 Peru: Organic banana production drops in Piura due to the cold
- 2018-11-01 “In ten years the whole of Europe will be eating organic”
- 2018-10-31 Actual cost of organic cauliflower much lower than for conventional produce
- 2018-10-31 Organic products from Lower Saxony on the rise
- 2018-10-31 Organic Grower Summit educational session - "Technology is not Just for Big Ag"
- 2018-10-29 Organic horticultural sector facing the challenge of a growing demand
- 2018-10-29 Chile has already exported more organic products to the EU than last year