Job offersmore »
- Senior Grower - Australia
- General Manager - Australia
- Purchasing Specialist Exoten - Netherlands
- Intercompany Key Account Manager Exoten - Netherlands
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Cooperation between Ecuador-Brazil pays dividendBy the inspired implementation of the Ecuador-Brazil cooperation program (2015-2017), more than 1,500 Ecuadorian producers were trained in production techniques and the management of pests and diseases of mango and passion fruit.
Through the transfer and dissemination of technologies, the production of fruits along the Ecuadorian coast increased by 10%. Furthermore, important genetic improvements were carried out on the Andean fruit trees: mora, babaco and chirimoya.
The project worked with the Mango Foundation -an institution based on the Ecuadorian coast- for export issues. 500 producers associated with this organization participated in the training process.
According to an article by ecuadortimes.net, regarding passion fruit more than 1,000 producers were trained in the provinces of Manabi and Guayas. Under the project two varieties of passion fruit were developed.
Publication date: 2/16/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: