- Business Development Manager - LED Horticulture
- General Manager/Sales Manager - Mannum, South Australia
- Produce sales professionals
- Salesman - Vojvodina, North Serbia
- Internationaal Verkoper / Trader AGF - Barendrecht
- Production lab manager - Oregon, USA
- Verkoper Groothandelsmarkten - Rotterdam
- Procurement Executive - Middle East
- Experienced export manager looking for new opportunities
- Sales Executive Fruit & Exotics - Rotterdam
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
US: Georgia greenhouse construction project coming to life
Over the course of the last few weeks once post holes were dug and back filled, and Dutch greenhouse builder Havecon began erecting the main structure with full scale implementation now underway. From a timing standpoint, the project is on track for completion by late summer with the first crop of tomatoes & seedless cucumbers to be planted shortly thereafter.
“Building a high-tech greenhouse in Georgia was part of our growth strategy to extend our reach across North America. Being strategically located in Peach County allows us in some instances to have same day & next day deliveries in the southeast region”, stated Matt Mastronardi, Executive Vice-President. Pure Flavor® researched more than 400 sites throughout North America before settling on Peach County, GA. The 75-acre greenhouse project broke ground in September 2017 and will be built in 3 phases of 25 acres. Phase 1 is expected to be completed in late Summer 2018.
“Greenhouse tomatoes & seedless cucumbers grown in Georgia will help breathe new life in to the category. It will help our retail (& foodservice partners) in the region to have fresher product on store shelves while maintaining consistent quality and availability year-round. In the end, it is the consumer who will benefit from great product grown in the state of Georgia”, said Mastronardi.
Retail partners & consumers can follow the progress in photos of the Georgia
greenhouse construction on a weekly basis by visiting the Pure Flavor® Georgia Photo Gallery: https://goo.gl/s5UCgc
“We are connecting our customers with the project in every way possible with frequent updates via social media, the photo gallery, and video stories shot by drone”, said Chris Veillon, Chief Marketing Officer. A customised website was built just before the groundbreaking in September 2017 to announce the project, the page now serves as the central resource for everything to do with the Georgia project. “A connected customer is an informed customer, we can’t wait to get our first plants into the greenhouse later this summer”, said Veillon. Pure Flavor® expects the first crops to be picked in early Fall 2018.
Pure Flavor®’s most recent Georgia construction video:
Pure Flavor® will be exhibiting at the upcoming Southern Exposure Trade Show & Convention in Tampa, FL March 3rd. Visitors are encouraged to visit Booth #605 to learn more about the Georgia project.
To learn more about the Pure Flavor® Georgia greenhouse project, please visit
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-11-16 Greenhouse production changes to boost wintertime yields
- 2018-11-16 Russia seeks self-sufficiency in greenhouse vegetable production
- 2018-11-16 "Our systems are making producers more interesting as employers"
- 2018-11-16 US (CA): Microgreens grower has been supplying restaurants for two decades
- 2018-11-13 Snug supply scene for greenhouse tomatoes in North America
- 2018-11-12 “Belgium greenhouse vegetables start to experience competition from the South”
- 2018-11-07 Russia: Greenhouse vegetable production up by more than 25%
- 2018-11-07 “It’s our high-tech farming that allows our Vietnamese red chili to be competitive”
- 2018-11-06 Spain: Expansion of greenhouse acreage in Eastern Andalusia
- 2018-11-05 Greenhouse courgettes: free market more favourable than green
- 2018-11-02 Results out from Village Farms' tomato taste challenge at PMA
- 2018-11-01 Turkey: Manisa ranks second in national geothermal greenhouse production
- 2018-11-01 Turkey: Greenhouse tomato grower moves harvest time to an earlier date
- 2018-10-31 Pakistani farmers urged to grow off-season vegetables
- 2018-10-30 Local produce brand expands to Ohio, Pennsylvania and West Virginia
- 2018-10-26 Fresh produce industry supports targeted carbon tax relief for greenhouse growers
- 2018-10-25 Russian tomato grower to invest $550 million in Uzbekistan project
- 2018-10-19 US (CA): Smart Cannabis retrofits greenhouses in Monterey County
- 2018-10-18 Greenhouse grower to offer taste-tests "behind closed doors" at PMA
- 2018-10-18 Can the Russian greenhouse industry overcome challenges?