Job offersmore »
- Expansion manager
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
- Technical sales Specialist North Europe - Benelux and Scandinavia
- Grower Manager - Tuakau, New Zealand
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Maersk Line India wants to expand its facilities to penetrate hinterlandMaersk Line India plans to start five inland container depots (ICDs) in Gujarat, Rajasthan and the National Capital Region. Furthermore, it will introduce a container tracking system in India, on a pilot basis.
According to an article by dnaindia.com, speaking about the company’s plans for India, Bhavik Mota, head of Trade and Marketing, Maersk Line India, said, “The consumption and infrastructure development along with the investments is fuelling significant growth in India's hinterland. With 800 million people residing in the hinterland, India is a market with both scale and growth.”
He went on to say that the trade facilitation initiatives of the Indian government are now moving into volume growth, which Maersk expects to continue. There is increasing customer demand from the Indian hinterland as well.
Maersk Line India has 56 inland points along with several terminals in India, Bangladesh and Sri Lanka.
Publication date: 2/15/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: