Job offersmore »
- Purchasing Specialist Exoten - Netherlands
- Intercompany Key Account Manager Exoten - Netherlands
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL AVOCADO MARKET
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- California grape grower-shipper publishes first Corporate Social Responsibly Report
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
Exchange ratesmore »
Maersk Line India wants to expand its facilities to penetrate hinterlandMaersk Line India plans to start five inland container depots (ICDs) in Gujarat, Rajasthan and the National Capital Region. Furthermore, it will introduce a container tracking system in India, on a pilot basis.
According to an article by dnaindia.com, speaking about the companys plans for India, Bhavik Mota, head of Trade and Marketing, Maersk Line India, said, The consumption and infrastructure development along with the investments is fuelling significant growth in India's hinterland. With 800 million people residing in the hinterland, India is a market with both scale and growth.
He went on to say that the trade facilitation initiatives of the Indian government are now moving into volume growth, which Maersk expects to continue. There is increasing customer demand from the Indian hinterland as well.
Maersk Line India has 56 inland points along with several terminals in India, Bangladesh and Sri Lanka.
Publication date: 2/15/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: