Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- Kenya overtakes South Africa to become Africa's biggest exporter of avocados
- Italy: 150 million euros confiscated from fruit and veg Mafiosi
- “Drop in Turkish lira is making us a lot more money”
- “We recognize the different specifications our customers are looking for”
- California labor shortage drives container growing for berries
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Report from Statistics Canada
Canadian potato production, October 2017Potato production was 4.8 million tonnes in 2017, up 0.4% from 2016.
Prince Edward Island represented 22.3% of total potato production in 2017, followed by Manitoba (21.0%) and Alberta (19.4%).
Harvested area was stable at 342,217 acres in 2017.
The average yield increased 0.4% to 309.4 hundredweight per harvested acre, with Alberta having the highest average yield of 390.7 hundredweight per acre.
For a .PDF version of this report, click here
For more information:
Publication date: 2/14/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: