Job offersmore »
- Department Chair and Professor of Human Ecology - Davis (CA) USA
- Factory Manager Assistant - Huizhou, China
- Internal Salesperson - Netherlands
- Crop Manager - Northern France
- Farm General Manager - Egypt
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Projectleider Export - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Sales representative - Eastern PA, DE, MD, VA & WV, USA
- Sales representative - Michigan, USA
- Assistant Grower - Delta (BC), Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Report from Statistics Canada
Canadian potato production, October 2017Potato production was 4.8 million tonnes in 2017, up 0.4% from 2016.
Prince Edward Island represented 22.3% of total potato production in 2017, followed by Manitoba (21.0%) and Alberta (19.4%).
Harvested area was stable at 342,217 acres in 2017.
The average yield increased 0.4% to 309.4 hundredweight per harvested acre, with Alberta having the highest average yield of 390.7 hundredweight per acre.
For a .PDF version of this report, click here
For more information:
Publication date: 2/14/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: