Job offersmore »
- Department Chair and Professor of Human Ecology - Davis (CA) USA
- Factory Manager Assistant - Huizhou, China
- Internal Salesperson - Netherlands
- Crop Manager - Northern France
- Farm General Manager - Egypt
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Projectleider Export - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Sales representative - Eastern PA, DE, MD, VA & WV, USA
- Sales representative - Michigan, USA
- Assistant Grower - Delta (BC), Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Russia: Potato prices rising almost daily
Russian potato producers are managing to actively raise prices, and prices are on the rise almost daily, according to APK-Inform: Vegetables and Fruits.
According to the daily monitoring of the project, at the beginning of last week, the prices for potatoes in Russia's main producing regions started from 12 roubles/kg (0.21 $/kg). Later in the same week, virtually none of the major producers were willing to enter into transactions for less than 13 roubles per kilo (0.22 $/kg), with maximum prices slightly under 18 roubles per kilo (0.31 $/kg).
Thus, potatoes in Russia became 13-18% more expensive in a week, and they cost, on average, 1.5 times more than in the first half of February 2017. Moreover, many producers have confirmed their intention to further raise prices. Their decision, they explain, is due to the higher demand for quality potatoes. At the same time, the supply of such products on the market is somewhat limited, as some large farms continue to hold back sales of high-quality potatoes in the hope of further price increases.
Publication date: 2/13/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: