Job offersmore »
- Account Manager Foodservice en Groothandel DACH - Netherlands
- Business Development Manager - California
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Import Assistant and Operations Assistant - Netherlands
- Farms Director UK - South East
- Agronomist to work abroad
- Export salesperson GERMANY - Barcelona, Spain
- Account Manager Zachtfruit Scandinavië en Duitsland - Netherlands
- International Editor
- Experienced tomato grower - Angola
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
US officials: Use of cleaning solution probably caused kiwi scareRhode Island health officials say a cleaning solution may have contributed to the physical reactions several students across the state experienced after eating kiwi fruit. At the moment, test are being done on the levels of peracetic acid (used to clean the kiwis) and lab results are expected next week.
Last week, around 34 students in cities such as Providence and Woonsocket suffered itching of the lips and mouth, hives and tongue swelling after eating fresh kiwi. All of the fruit had been cut and bagged at Roch's Fresh Foods in West Greenwich. The fruit is being discarded, and the vendor's kiwi distribution has been suspended.
Usnews.com reported on a Health Department statement, saying it plans to interview workers at the store next Monday.
Publication date: 2/13/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: