Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
- Kenya overtakes South Africa to become Africa's biggest exporter of avocados
- Italy: 150 million euros confiscated from fruit and veg Mafiosi
- “Drop in Turkish lira is making us a lot more money”
- “We recognize the different specifications our customers are looking for”
- California labor shortage drives container growing for berries
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
US officials: Use of cleaning solution probably caused kiwi scareRhode Island health officials say a cleaning solution may have contributed to the physical reactions several students across the state experienced after eating kiwi fruit. At the moment, test are being done on the levels of peracetic acid (used to clean the kiwis) and lab results are expected next week.
Last week, around 34 students in cities such as Providence and Woonsocket suffered itching of the lips and mouth, hives and tongue swelling after eating fresh kiwi. All of the fruit had been cut and bagged at Roch's Fresh Foods in West Greenwich. The fruit is being discarded, and the vendor's kiwi distribution has been suspended.
Usnews.com reported on a Health Department statement, saying it plans to interview workers at the store next Monday.
Publication date: 2/13/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: