Job offersmore »
- (junior) Agronomist China
- Department Chair and Professor of Human Ecology - Davis (CA) USA
- Factory Manager Assistant - Huizhou, China
- Internal Salesperson - Netherlands
- Crop Manager - Northern France
- Farm General Manager - Egypt
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Projectleider Export - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Sales representative - Eastern PA, DE, MD, VA & WV, USA
- Sales representative - Michigan, USA
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Egyptian company Egast aims for $35 million of exports in 2018The Egast Company plans to increase its exports to $35 million this year, up from $25 million last year. The company's Exports Director, Mohamed Deghedy, said that Egast now has three production plants with a storage capacity of 120,000 tonnes, and another storage station is being established which will be dedicated for citrus fruits and potatoes. Then yet another fruits and vegetables packaging line will be opened in the second half of this year.
He noted that Egast exports to several markets, including Russia, EU countries and the Far East region. The company plans to expand into exporting agricultural products such as pomegranates, lemons and melons, coming after the export of crops like lettuce, cabbage and the company's mainstay: potatoes.
Menafn.com quoted Deghedy as saying that the company exported about 85,000 tonnes of different crops last year, with plans to boost the quantity to 120,000 tonnes through expansion in current markets and increasing the company's acreage.
Russia is one of the most important markets for the company, with a share of 70% of total potato exports, and the company aims to increase exports to Russia by 30% this season.
Total potato exports were 529,500 tonnes last season, up from 336,800 tonnes in the previous one. The value of exports also increased from $145 to $179 million.
Publication date: 2/13/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: