Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- Kenya overtakes South Africa to become Africa's biggest exporter of avocados
- Italy: 150 million euros confiscated from fruit and veg Mafiosi
- “Drop in Turkish lira is making us a lot more money”
- “We recognize the different specifications our customers are looking for”
- California labor shortage drives container growing for berries
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Egyptian company Egast aims for $35 million of exports in 2018The Egast Company plans to increase its exports to $35 million this year, up from $25 million last year. The company's Exports Director, Mohamed Deghedy, said that Egast now has three production plants with a storage capacity of 120,000 tonnes, and another storage station is being established which will be dedicated for citrus fruits and potatoes. Then yet another fruits and vegetables packaging line will be opened in the second half of this year.
He noted that Egast exports to several markets, including Russia, EU countries and the Far East region. The company plans to expand into exporting agricultural products such as pomegranates, lemons and melons, coming after the export of crops like lettuce, cabbage and the company's mainstay: potatoes.
Menafn.com quoted Deghedy as saying that the company exported about 85,000 tonnes of different crops last year, with plans to boost the quantity to 120,000 tonnes through expansion in current markets and increasing the company's acreage.
Russia is one of the most important markets for the company, with a share of 70% of total potato exports, and the company aims to increase exports to Russia by 30% this season.
Total potato exports were 529,500 tonnes last season, up from 336,800 tonnes in the previous one. The value of exports also increased from $145 to $179 million.
Publication date: 2/13/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: