Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
- Kenya overtakes South Africa to become Africa's biggest exporter of avocados
- Italy: 150 million euros confiscated from fruit and veg Mafiosi
- “Drop in Turkish lira is making us a lot more money”
- “We recognize the different specifications our customers are looking for”
- California labor shortage drives container growing for berries
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
India is a better export market for Afghan fruitThe Afghanistan Chamber of Commerce and Industries says India is a better export market for Afghan fresh fruit that Pakistan. The Chamber of Commerce said that in particular the air corridor between Afghanistan and India has benefited Afghan investors and farmers, offering them the possibility of selling their products at higher prices.
Chamber Deputy Head, Khan Jan Alokozay, spoke of much better export opportunities in India and Europe, compared to prices in Pakistan. He was speaking at a transit expo in Kabul last Friday. It was first transit expo organized by private companies in the country.
At the same event, tolonews.com reported how Iranian officials stressed the need for strengthening trade relations between Iran and Afghanistan. “Iran sees the establishment of a railway between Afghanistan and its northern neighbors as a benefit for the region,” said Seddiq Qasemi Zakeri, an advisor at the Iranian embassy in Kabul.
Afghanistan has sent more than 1,000 tons of fresh and dried fruit to India through the Afghan-India Air Corridor Program since June 18, 2017.
Publication date: 2/13/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: