Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- Kenya overtakes South Africa to become Africa's biggest exporter of avocados
- Italy: 150 million euros confiscated from fruit and veg Mafiosi
- “Drop in Turkish lira is making us a lot more money”
- “We recognize the different specifications our customers are looking for”
- California labor shortage drives container growing for berries
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Grants awarded to educators in California
Thousands of students have the opportunity to participate in innovative educational projects, thanks to a long-standing program funded by the California Table Grape Commission on behalf of California table grape growers.
The “Innovation in Teaching” grant program was created in 1993 to support innovative teaching projects in the California table grape growing regions of the San Joaquin and Coachella valleys. Projects include the areas of agriculture, math, science, art, health, and technology.
In total, 52 education grants worth up to $750 each were awarded. The funded projects will be implemented in the current academic year and will reach over 9,000 students, grades K through 12.
“The education grant program is one of the ways table grape growers in California collectively give back to communities in which they live and work,” said Kathleen Nave, commission president.
Examples of projects being funded this year include using robotic kits to learn about laws of physics, math and engineering; using a sensor-laden glove to help biomechanics and bioengineering students learn how the hand moves; and integrating tablet technology into performing arts classes.
For more information:
California Table Grape Commission
Tel: +1 (559) 447-8350
Publication date: 2/12/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: