Job offersmore »
- Account Manager Foodservice en Groothandel DACH - Netherlands
- Business Development Manager - California
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Import Assistant and Operations Assistant - Netherlands
- Farms Director UK - South East
- Agronomist to work abroad
- Export salesperson GERMANY - Barcelona, Spain
- Account Manager Zachtfruit Scandinavië en Duitsland - Netherlands
- International Editor
- Experienced tomato grower - Angola
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Grants awarded to educators in California
Thousands of students have the opportunity to participate in innovative educational projects, thanks to a long-standing program funded by the California Table Grape Commission on behalf of California table grape growers.
The “Innovation in Teaching” grant program was created in 1993 to support innovative teaching projects in the California table grape growing regions of the San Joaquin and Coachella valleys. Projects include the areas of agriculture, math, science, art, health, and technology.
In total, 52 education grants worth up to $750 each were awarded. The funded projects will be implemented in the current academic year and will reach over 9,000 students, grades K through 12.
“The education grant program is one of the ways table grape growers in California collectively give back to communities in which they live and work,” said Kathleen Nave, commission president.
Examples of projects being funded this year include using robotic kits to learn about laws of physics, math and engineering; using a sensor-laden glove to help biomechanics and bioengineering students learn how the hand moves; and integrating tablet technology into performing arts classes.
For more information:
California Table Grape Commission
Tel: +1 (559) 447-8350
Publication date: 2/12/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: