- Sales Executive Fruit & Exotics - Rotterdam
- Product Manager / Concept Manager - Verspakketten - Ridderkerk
- District sales manager - British Columbia and Alberta, Canada
- Grower - Carlisle, Pa. USA
- Procurement manager-buyer
- Account Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Grower - Australia
- Director of Marketing & Communications - Summerland (BC), Canada
- Lead Auditor
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region - Antwerp - Quality Assurance Supervisor
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
Potato Market East Germany - MIO Kw 5/18
Germany: Export business is slowly starting to move again
The stable situation on the potato market continues. In negotiations with discounters and food retailers, the previous prices were in part secured into the 7th calendar week. Premiums for warehousing are not paid due to the good supply situation. The quality of the potatoes is satisfactory, but the proportion of sorting of damaged or green tubers is high. Here and there there is rot, some corky ringspot is reported. The potatoes are mainly coming from box storage facilities, but there are some from bulk storage with underfloor ventilation as well. Peeled potatoes will continue to trade at fixed prices.
Prices on the potato market continue to hold the levels of recent weeks. Promotions in discount stores or in food retailing is always going on somewhere, as the larger packers will acknowledge. So sales are constant, but the earnings are low. As long as plenty of produce from the surplus areas is pressing on the market, no price increases are expected. For February prices are still unchanged. At the beginning of April, the first new potatoes for the discount area will be packed. The peeled potato market continues to see stable prices.
The low-key situation on the potato market continues. There are still considerable quantities of potatoes in the warehouses of the region. Promotions in the retail chains often no longer bring about increased sales. The markets are clogged. The potato quality is average. Premium qualities are in short supply. Lots that were of very good quality when stored sometimes show unexpected deficiencies during recovery. But sometimes lots have also remained more stable than expected. The producer prices for food and the prices for peeled potatoes remain at the level of the week before.
The export business is slowly starting to move again. The Poles and Czechs had stocked up well, now demand has picked up again. In Germany, the mail order business is running smoothly. The local packers are well supplied, there are plenty of lots from Lower Saxony available. Through various promotions in the trade, the market is constantly cleared of visually inferior lots. Optically beautiful goods are not very available this year. Some stored lots already show storage defects. Peeled potato prices remain at last week's level.
At the end of January, the table potato market will remain modest. Promotions no longer bring the desired success. There is still plenty of material available for the packers. Much of the potatoes are of medium quality. High-quality tubers are barely present, often the optics are not right. Meanwhile, inferior lots are mostly used up. There have been a lot of promotions in the trade. The price level for table potatoes remains unchanged. Peeled potatoes are also traded at unchanged prices.
Source: mio lallf
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 10/23/2018 Ghana has become biggest importer of onions from Niger
- 10/22/2018 "Onion market a little calmer this week"
- 10/19/2018 China: Gansu onions damaged by weather
- 10/19/2018 Vidalia onions look to the future with mechanical planting
- 10/19/2018 Louisiana bans sweet potatoes from NC, SC, and FL
- 10/19/2018 Higher shallot production for Indonesia
- 10/19/2018 Lewis Lydon receives 2018 Reg Miller Award
- 10/18/2018 Yield organic of potatoes has not collapsed as much as that of conventional ones
- 10/18/2018 India: Onions likely to cost Rs 45 a kg by Diwali on low crop
- 10/18/2018 Egypt - “We aim to export 5,000 tons of sweet potato next year”
- 10/18/2018 Most of North Carolina's sweet potato crop saved
- 10/18/2018 Onion Market and Crop Update for October 18, 2018
- 10/17/2018 Spain: Potato campaign coming to an end in Castile-Leon
- 10/17/2018 “More potato virus cases suspected”
- 10/17/2018 UK potato farmers feel effects of variable weather
- 10/17/2018 "Very few transactions on the fresh market"
- 10/17/2018 Belgium: Potato yield, size and EPS are the lowest in the last 4 harvests
- 10/16/2018 Test grubbing delivers lower yields than expected
- 10/15/2018 Potato, onion and carrot market in Lower Austria: Stable market situation
- 10/15/2018 “We’ve never been out of potatoes before”