- General Manager/Sales Manager - Mannum, South Australia
- Produce sales professionals
- Salesman - Vojvodina, North Serbia
- Internationaal Verkoper / Trader AGF - Barendrecht
- Production lab manager - Oregon, USA
- Verkoper Groothandelsmarkten - Rotterdam
- Procurement Executive - Middle East
- Experienced export manager looking for new opportunities
- Sales Executive Fruit & Exotics - Rotterdam
- Product Manager / Concept Manager - Verspakketten - Ridderkerk
Top 5 -yesterday
- Spain: "Citrus volume from South Africa will start falling sharply soon"
- World Pear Day set for December 1
- Nigeria: Enugu onions dealers attribute high cost and scarcity to poor harvest
- PM Modi inaugurates India's first multi-modal terminal in Varanasi
- Chilean cherry arrivals to US on the way after slow start
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
- Japanese cooperatives travel to Spain to learn about fresh cut industry
- Harvesting vegetables like in a computer game
- Garden centres want fresh produce, but it’s not easy
- A Panamanian fruit export company makes its way in China
- US: Release of multiple new apple varieties - UMD starts with 'Antietam Blush'
Jordan's produce exports up 35% last month
The Minister claimed that soaring exports were a positive sign, despite the political challenges facing external marketing of Jordanian produce as a main source of foreign currency. He also noted that the government's policy in support of the sector had paid off in the past months. Hneifat said that vegetables accounted for 98% of the total exports, and fruits for 2%. Tomato, the main export crop, is in first place at 13,000 tons, or 50% of the total exports, followed by cucumber at 14.7% and lettuce at 13.6%.
According to a petra.gov.jo article, there was a 50% rise in January exports to the Gulf Arab states (the United Arab Emirates, Saudi Arabia, Bahrain and Kuwait), adding that exports to Qatar had dropped significantly after the closure of the Qatari market in July.
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-11-14 Bolivia: Garlic and onion producers ask authorities to close border to smuggling
- 2018-11-14 Baden-Württemberg: Harvest year characterized by dry summer
- 2018-11-14 China signs fresh produce MoU with Caribbean region
- 2018-11-14 "Difficult market for last strawberries of the year"
- 2018-11-14 Poland courting East Africa as trade partner
- 2018-11-14 Kenya horticulture export earnings growing
- 2018-11-14 Namibia food imports still sky-high
- 2018-11-14 Turkey: Annual agricultural production projections for 2018 have been updated
- 2018-11-13 Pink Lady Day at Mazzoni Group
- 2018-11-12 ‘Kyrgyzstan cannot fully meet the needs of the domestic market’
- 2018-11-12 US researchers discover genes that define a vegetable’s shape
- 2018-11-09 Nepal: Imported fruits worth Rs7.58 billion in Q1
- 2018-11-09 Chile: Record fruit exports to China
- 2018-11-09 'Supply of pears falling somewhat, but demand could be met'
- 2018-11-08 Campaign for EU quality label “Europe, where quality is at home’
- 2018-11-08 Trinidad and Tobago: Vegetables doubling in price after flooding
- 2018-11-08 Peru: Fruit and vegetable exports increased by 21% up until September
- 2018-11-08 Japan: Fresh fruit imports 1.62 million tons in 2017
- 2018-11-07 Study shows growing number purchasing fresh produce items online
- 2018-11-07 Ghana launches agricultural product commodity exchange