- Business Development Manager - LED Horticulture
- General Manager/Sales Manager - Mannum, South Australia
- Produce sales professionals
- Salesman - Vojvodina, North Serbia
- Internationaal Verkoper / Trader AGF - Barendrecht
- Production lab manager - Oregon, USA
- Verkoper Groothandelsmarkten - Rotterdam
- Procurement Executive - Middle East
- Experienced export manager looking for new opportunities
- Sales Executive Fruit & Exotics - Rotterdam
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
Amazon has launched “$10 or Less” store
Kroger to sell its C-store business
"You'll be able to drive right into our parking lot [and] our team member will put that order in your truck," Target CEO Brian Cornell says. The company remodeled more than 100 of its stores last year and plans to remodel 300 this year, Cornell says. In 2018, Shipt, the same-day delivery service, will be available throughout the country.
Amazon launches “$10 or Less” store
Amazon has quietly launched a “$10 & Under with Free Shipping” page. The microsite, marked by a “$10 OR LESS” click-through, prominently placed on Amazon.com’s home page, displays a mishmash of items across seven categories: Women’s, Men’s, Electronics, Gifts, Home Decor, Household and Watches as well as an All section. Around the start off the year, the site featured a “Hello 2018!” section of New Year’s-themed items.
US: Kroger picks buyer for its C-store business
The Kroger Co. has reached an agreement to sell its convenience store business, totalling more than 700 stores in 18 states, to EG Group, a privately held fuel and convenience store retailer based in the United Kingdom, for $2.15bln. As part of the deal, expected to close in the first quarter of Kroger’s fiscal year, EG Group will establish its North American headquarters in Kroger’s hometown of Cincinnati and continue to operate stores under the grocer's established banner names.
Oman: Mars Hypermarket launches ‘100% organic fruits and vegetables’
Mars Hypermarket in Al Khoudh launched a dedicated section for 100% natural and organic fruits and vegetables produced in Oman in association with Pairidaeza Organic Farm, the first of its kind in the sultanate. A range of vegetables are showcased in the section including tomato, cucumber, capsicum, eggplant, cabbage, lettuce and turnip. Mars will promote the organic produce through their vast network of stores across the sultanate.
Coop Danmark lowers fixed prices on everyday goods
Coop Danmark is to offer lower fixed prices on 1,000 everyday goods across its banners. Although price cuts will vary by product, some prices may fall by as much as 20%. Commenting on the move, Jens Visholm, Group Executive Vice President said, ‘This is a continuation of our strategy, “Together for better food”. In the past three years, we have seen how the Danes want more ecology, more flavour and more accountability. But we have also seen that the Danes increasingly opt out of the offer and are becoming increasingly tired of the elevated prices. So this is the start of our next strategy period, where we get better goods and more accountability, as well as more fixed low prices that make everyday life easier for our customers’.
China: Alibaba’s Hema will double its locations in China
The biggest e-commerce company in China, Alibaba is expanding Hema, a chain of cashless supermarkets. The stores are sprawling and offer a giant selection of fresh food, including seafood that shoppers can select and send to the kitchen to be cooked before the end of their trip. Shoppers can also order groceries online for delivery in under 30 minutes. Customers use their smartphones to shop and pay for their groceries at Hema. Hema will double its locations in China to nearly 60 this year.
Thailand: Lawson 108 revises 2020 target
Saha Lawson, operator of Lawson 108 and 108Shop in Thailand, has announced plans to double the number of Lawson 108 outlets to more than 200 by 2020. In 2017, Saha Lawson awarded franchise rights to Susco Plc to open Lawson stores at the oil retailer's petrol stations. The agreement was signed to help accelerate the expansion of Lawson's store network to 500 by 2020. Saha Lawson has now revised its target, however, with plans to expand Lawson 108's store network to 123 stores by the end of 2018, 158 by 2019 and 208 by 2020. A small number of 108 Shop convenience stores (currently 126 nationwide), may also be converted to Lawson 108. Total investment is expected to reach THB540mln (US$17.2mln).
Kenya: 100 new Tuskys stores by 2021
Tuskys is planning on expanding its own store network from the existing 63 branches. It will be focusing on towns outside of Nairobi. The retailer has initially focused its expansion on taking advantage of where Nakumatt has closed stores. This recently included re-opening two new stores with an investment of KES220mln (US$2.1mln). In the future the expansion will be organic. Tuskys plans on opening 100 stores in the next three years. The retailer is looking to bring innovation into these stores as much as possible to enhance the shopper experience. This will involve extensive investment in information technology.
Tesco to close 18 stores in Poland
Tesco Poland has announced that it plans to close 18 loss-making stores across the country. The retailer also said that it is reducing the number of team managers in large stores, with the aim of providing a better and more profitable service. "The decision to close stores is never easy, but sometimes necessary," said Martin Behan, managing director of Tesco Poland.
7-Eleven Japan surpasses 20,000 stores
7-Eleven Japan has become the country’s first retailer to open more than 20,000 stores. The Seven & I Holdings unit reported a store count of 20,033 at the end of last month, up by 54 from the end of December. By comparison, Japan has about 24,000 post offices.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-11-16 Wesfarmers: Coles spin-off approved by shareholders
- 2018-11-16 Ahold Delhaize is looking for acquisitions in the United States
- 2018-11-15 Rewe Group: the most technologically sophisticated online-shopping facility in Europe
- 2018-11-15 Amazon: new headquarters selected
- 2018-11-14 Qoo10: package collection at 7-Eleven enabled by end of 2018
- 2018-11-14 Ahold Delhaize: Leading Together strategy focuses on 3-year growth
- 2018-11-13 Amazon France: producers’ boutique launched
- 2018-11-13 H-E-B: frictionless checkout expanded
- 2018-11-12 Spar to develop its digital strategy
- 2018-11-12 Tops Markets LLC prepares for Chapter 11 exit
- 2018-11-09 Carrefour Brasil beats Q3 profit estimates
- 2018-11-09 Costco: October sales results
- 2018-11-08 Sainsbury’s: like-for-like retail sales marginally up in first half
- 2018-11-08 Kroger: voice-assistant ordering for grocery ecommerce
- 2018-11-07 Morrisons: sales growth slows over last 3 months
- 2018-11-07 Lucky’s Market: store expansion in Florida
- 2018-11-06 Amazon set to acquire 9.5% stake in Future Retail
- 2018-11-06 Weis Markets: net income surges in Q3
- 2018-11-05 Alibaba: Q2 revenue rises 54%
- 2018-11-05 Sprouts: Q3 double-digit revenue growth