Job offersmore »
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Import Assistant and Operations Assistant - Netherlands
- Farms Director UK - South East
- Agronomist to work abroad
- Export salesperson GERMANY - Barcelona, Spain
- Account Manager Zachtfruit ScandinaviŽ en Duitsland - Netherlands
- International Editor
- Experienced tomato grower - Angola
- Sales Area Managers - Czech Republic, Eastern Europe, Portugal
- Chief Operations Officer - Deerfield (MA) USA
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
China: Rapid increase of New Year transport volume for China Southern
The annual Spring Festival increase of transport officially began on February 1st. This also heralded the peak season of New Year air freight. China Southern Airlines has transported more than 12 thousand tons of products and mail via scheduled flights from Guangzhou to various domestic destinations since the beginning of January. That is a daily average of more than 400 tons. The proportion of fresh products, fruits, and vegetables increased rapidly. Their combined transport volume exceeded 1,300 tons. At the same time, China Southern Airlines international flights brought in more than 20 thousand tons of products from overseas. That is an increase of 20% compared to the same period in the previous year.
Spring Festival peak season has arrived for China Southern Airlines
The approaching cold temperatures, snow, and rain will influence various modes of transportation to varying degrees. However, many consumers opt for air freight when it comes to electronics and fresh food products, because truck transport suffers the most from cold weather, and these are high-end products with a particular vulnerability during transport delays. From January 24th onward, the daily transport volume of China Southern Airlines exceeded 400 tons. Furthermore, this number is rising with every passing day. Since January 26th there have been several successive days where the transport volume exceeded 500 tons.
Publication date: 2/6/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: