- Account Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Grower - Australia
- Director of Marketing & Communications - Summerland (BC), Canada
- Lead Auditor
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region - Antwerp - Quality Assurance Supervisor
- General Manager Australia
- Einkaufskoordinator/in - Austria
- Chief plant protection agronomist
- Сhief agronomist
- Head of Sales for Mexico and Latin America
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
Red-flesh apples get first commercial trials
The tests were managed in their respective countries by the partners in IFORED, the international project that brings together 14 of the biggest apple producers from 5 continents with the aim of developing and marketing new red-flesh varieties under the Kissabel® brand.
With their innovative, original character, the three types of apple launched at Fruit Attraction in October last year received an enthusiastic response from trade professionals. They combine an attractive exterior with an amazing interior and nice flavour. In the countries where the sales launch was accompanied by guided tasting sessions, consumers' feedback was also very positive about the apples' flavour and their own possible future purchases.
“We carried out the tests in two stores with small volumes of Kissabel® Orange. Globally, the feedback was very positive – states Marc Peyres, Blue Whale export sales manager, France – In both tests people were happy about the taste. This is the most important factor for us. For long term development of the market, people must find them nice for the colour and then like the flavor”.
“The feedback is that Kissabel® is something truly different, and stores are really looking forward for future sales – says Steve Maxwell, CEO Worldwide Fruit, United Kingdom – People definitely think that Kissabel® apples are really impressive, they look fabulous and they also taste great. Our customers are really keen to sell these products when they are available”.
“We grow Kissabel® Rouge and Jaune. At the beginning of the season, we did some tastings at retail fairs and many German retailers tasted Kissabel® - reports Jens Anderson from Red Apple Germany GmbH - My impression was that they are very impressed by the red flesh of the apple and curious about the taste. They eagerly await to start selling the apple. We will start in 2019/20 with the first small harvest from the growers for market-research in outlets”.
The Kissabel® range currently includes three varieties: Rouge, with red flesh and skin; Orange, with orange skin and pinkish-red flesh; and Jaune, with yellow skin and a subtle pink tint to the flesh. Commercial production will get under way in 2019 in France, Italy, Germany, United Kingdom and Switzerland.
Many IFORED partners will be also in Fruit Logistica, the international fresh produce exhibition, held in Berlin from 7th to 9th February. IFORED partners include: Alliance Mesfruits Gerfruit, Blue Whale (France); Green Yard, Worldwide Fruit (UK); Fenaco (Switzerland); VOG, VI.P, Melinda, La Trentina, Rivoira (Italy); Nufri (Spain); Elbe-Obst, VEOS, Landgard, OGM, MaBo, WOG, VOG, ELO, MAL (Germany); Mono Azul (Argentina); Unifrutti (Chile); Dutoit (South Africa); Yummy Fruit Company (NZ), Montague (Australia); Next Big Thing (USA-Canada).
For more information: www.kissabel.com
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 10/19/2018 How fruit controls its maturation: Three feedback cycles regulate ethylene synthesis
- 10/18/2018 Russia: Grape imports on the rise this season
- 10/18/2018 Argentina once again celebrates “Blueberry Week”
- 10/18/2018 Innovative machine to select pears
- 10/15/2018 AC Foods chooses blueberry vision from Unitec for quality sorting of blueberries
- 10/15/2018 Australian summerfruit growers exporting to China receive extra funding
- 10/12/2018 Free fruit initiative Pick n Pay is a roaring success
- 10/12/2018 Growing focus on red grapes in Namibia
- 10/12/2018 AU: Projects underway in Northern NSW to increase berry growing efficiency
- 10/11/2018 The only organic stonefruit this time of the year comes from South Africa
- 10/11/2018 Argentinian blueberries just beginning imports
- 10/05/2018 Developments in apple production and trade in Turkey
- 10/05/2018 Moldovan apple production again expected to increase
- 10/05/2018 Sharp increase of Turkish apple exports to Russia and Belarus
- 10/05/2018 California grapes included in test kitchen seminar
- 10/05/2018 New Zealand avocado industry on track to bounce back from last year's low volume season
- 10/04/2018 Tomato production and increasing prices in Turkish market
- 10/04/2018 New pomegranate processing plant inaugurated in Southern Italy
- 10/04/2018 “There has only been a very short period where demand and supply was in balance"
- 10/04/2018 France: fruit and vegetable prices above the five year average