- Sales Executive Fruit & Exotics - Rotterdam
- Product Manager / Concept Manager - Verspakketten - Ridderkerk
- District sales manager - British Columbia and Alberta, Canada
- Grower - Carlisle, Pa. USA
- Procurement manager-buyer
- Account Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Grower - Australia
- Director of Marketing & Communications - Summerland (BC), Canada
- Lead Auditor
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region - Antwerp - Quality Assurance Supervisor
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
Kroger's organic produce sales achieve $1 billion
"Kroger offers one of the largest organic produce departments in America, and we are proud to have led the way in making this category more mainstream, accessible and affordable," said Robert Clark, Kroger's senior vice president of merchandising. "We have a dedicated procurement team that partners with more than 300 organic produce growers and suppliers every year to bring our customers an exciting selection of organic fruits and vegetables."
According to IRI, the U.S. organic produce market reached $5 billion in 2016 and it is growing.
"We know our customers want both organic and conventional choices," Mr. Clark added. "Kroger makes it easy for our customers to shop how they want for their families. It's just one more way we are redefining the customer experience as outlined in our Restock Kroger plan."
Kroger's top-selling organic produce includes bananas, apples, strawberries, blackberries, blueberries and bagged salads.
Kroger recently announced Simple Truth® reached $2 billion in annual sales, marking the growing popularity of its brand of natural, organic and free-from products.
At The Kroger Co., we are dedicated to our purpose: to Feed the Human Spirit™. We are 453,000 associates who serve nearly nine million customers every day in 2,793 retail food stores under a variety of local banner names in 35 states and the District of Columbia. Our Family of Companies operates an expanding ClickList offering – a personalized order online service – in addition to 2,258 pharmacies, 783 convenience stores, 307 fine jewellery stores, 222 retail health clinics, 1,472 supermarket fuel centers and 38 food production plants in the United States. Our Company has been recognized as one of America's most generous companies for our support of more than 100 Feeding America food bank partners, breast cancer research and awareness, the military and their families, and more than 145,000 community organizations including schools. As a leader in supplier diversity, we are a proud member of the Billion Dollar Roundtable.
For more information:
The Kroger Co.
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 10/22/2018 Successfully cautioned: online organic products without certification
- 10/17/2018 Candid conversation with National Organic Standards Board (NOSB) members
- 10/16/2018 Cooparation between Lidl and Organic Association, Bioland
- 10/16/2018 LEMA: "We're like your dream organic fruit shopping mall"
- 10/12/2018 Availability of organic products on the rise in Bulgaria
- 10/11/2018 Organic Grower Summit announces second education session
- 10/11/2018 How organic agriculture in Cuba saved its population from hunger
- 10/10/2018 Fresh produce supplier announces organic asparagus program
- 10/09/2018 Vietnam: US$130 million invested in organic fruit farming zone
- 10/09/2018 Ukraine keeps expanding organic acreage
- 10/09/2018 Organic sector calls for much clearer contingency measures
- 10/08/2018 Trademark protection for EU organic logo expires
- 10/08/2018 Organic sector calls for clearer contingency measures as Brexit looms
- 10/01/2018 South Africa: Woolworths called out for ‘organics’ claim
- 09/27/2018 NOW Organic launches fresh organic juices
- 09/27/2018 Organic greens, E-commerce, Big Data and the Internet of Things
- 09/27/2018 South Africa: Woolworths removes organic baby spinach from shelves
- 09/26/2018 Upper Austria: 20 percent of growers farms are 'organic'
- 09/26/2018 Year-round organic avocado program launched
- 09/25/2018 Cambodia: Khmer Organic & Heifer to build up organic agriculture