Job offersmore »
- Department Chair and Professor of Human Ecology - Davis (CA) USA
- Factory Manager Assistant - Huizhou, China
- Internal Salesperson - Netherlands
- Crop Manager - Northern France
- Farm General Manager - Egypt
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Projectleider Export - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Sales representative - Eastern PA, DE, MD, VA & WV, USA
- Sales representative - Michigan, USA
- Assistant Grower - Delta (BC), Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Trying to contain spread of mango pest
South African government: Stricter control of Oriental Fruit FlySouth Africa’s government is strengthening the regulatory framework to prevent and combat the spread of the Oriental Fruit Fly in the country. The Department of Agriculture‚ Forestry and Fisheries is alerting individuals‚ municipal authorities‚ traditional authorities‚ farmers‚ fruit and vegetables industries and universities about amended Control Measures.
Areas infested with the Oriental fruit fly in South Africa are: Limpopo‚ Mpumalanga‚ North West‚ Gauteng and some parts of KwaZulu-Natal‚ the department said. "A removal permit will be required to move fruit from these areas to the Oriental fruit fly free areas.”
Timeslive.co.za reported on the terms of the existing Control Measures regulations: no person in South Africa is allowed to move any Oriental fruit fly infested fruit or material from an infested area to a non-infested area without authorisation by means of a removal permit.
Publication date: 2/5/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: