Job offersmore »
- Junior Productie Manager - Kenia
- Quality Assurance Quality Control - Canada
- Senior growers/agronomists - China
- Account Manager Foodservice en Groothandel DACH - Netherlands
- Business Development Manager - California
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Import Assistant and Operations Assistant - Netherlands
- Farms Director UK - South East
- Agronomist to work abroad
- Export salesperson GERMANY - Barcelona, Spain
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Beijing: Vegetable prices lower than last year
It has snowed continuously in recent days in many places throughout the country, but this has not yet triggered a price fluctuation in the Beijing vegetable market. This year the Beijing market is still cheaper than last year. A manager from Xinfadi market stated that there are 3 main production areas for the vegetables in the Beijing market. The winter vegetables that can be stored, like Chinese cabbage and potatoes, are mainly produced in Hebei and Shandong. The price is extremely stable. The current price is at the same level as it was in autumn 2017.
Surveys show that the total volume of turnips that has entered the market has slightly decreased, and the price has increased in response, but not by much. At the same time, the price of cauliflower is relatively high in the production areas in Zhejiang and Fujian. The main reason is that in the winter of 2016 the price was low. This has caused a decrease in surface area devoted to cauliflower plantation. This is a regular pattern where "big years and small years" follow each other.
The winter vegetables from Yunnan, Zhejiang, Fujian, and Hainan usually reach Beijing after transport of 2 or 3 days. Recent snowfall has delayed the transport of some products with 1 or 2 days, but this only applies to certain products. The weather has not yet caused the trucks that supply the market in Beijing to pile up, and it has not yet caused a delay of transport to Beijing.
Source: Beijing Daily
Publication date: 2/5/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: