Job offersmore »
- Quality Assurance Quality Control - Canada
- Senior growers/agronomists - China
- Account Manager Foodservice en Groothandel DACH - Netherlands
- Business Development Manager - California
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Import Assistant and Operations Assistant - Netherlands
- Farms Director UK - South East
- Agronomist to work abroad
- Export salesperson GERMANY - Barcelona, Spain
- Account Manager Zachtfruit Scandinavië en Duitsland - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
- Spain: Report accuses major veg producer of severe environmental damage
- Grape grower-shipper opens new warehouse in Nogales, AZ
- One of New Zealand’s newest apple varieties starts Dazzling the world
- AU: New technology delivering biodegradable produce labels
- China: Dragon fruit prices down slightly compared to previous years
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Nepali men recount bitter experience after durian coffeeLet’s face it: nowadays, durian fruit is hot. But does that mean you have to make it into any and all products? Not according to security guard Sapkota Mangal Prasad from Nepal.
He tried durian coffee for the first time and did not like the taste. He poured it away after just a few sips. But five minutes later, he started feeling ill and dizzy. “I could not walk properly and later I couldn’t even open my eyes,” said the 45-year-old at Penang Hospital yesterday.
The star.com reported on a video clip gone viral, showing Sapkota appearing to be hysterical while another man was slumped in his seat. The other man, Bishnu Shrestha, 31, said he fainted soon after he drank a full cup of the durian coffee on Tuesday.
Earlier, Honorary Consul of Nepal in Penang Datuk Huan Cheng Guan, who visited both of them at the hospital, said their condition had improved and they are expected to be discharged soon.
The local durian-flavoured white coffee manufacturer vouched for the safety of his products, saying that the company complies with all necessary health and food safety requirements.
Publication date: 2/2/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: