- District sales manager - British Columbia and Alberta, Canada
- Grower - Carlisle, Pa. USA
- Account Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Grower - Australia
- Director of Marketing & Communications - Summerland (BC), Canada
- Lead Auditor
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region - Antwerp - Quality Assurance Supervisor
- General Manager Australia
- Einkaufskoordinator/in - Austria
- Chief plant protection agronomist
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
ALDI fills the shelves:
Germany: Now an even bigger choice of organic products
In 2018, the companies will focus even more on organic produce and will be adding more than 60 additional items from various product categories to various ranges. With the ecologically produced products, buying organic products for an entire week’s worth of shopping is always possible and at a price that is affordable for everyone. The range will be expanded step by step in the standard as well as the promotional assortment.
"Organic quality at ALDI should not be a question of your wallet," explains Rolf Buyle, managing director for Central Purchasing at ALDI Nord. "We want to offer our customers a large selection of controlled organic food of the best organic, fresh quality at fair prices." That ALDI is on the right track with this strategy, is also shown by the growing share of sales: According to GfK data, ALDI is the market leader in the sales of organic products.
Products in certified organic range
All organic products are certified and uniformly labeled with the green EU organic label. Thus, they comply with the directives and conditions of the current EC Organic Regulation, that essentially revolves around the renunciation of synthetic, chemical pesticides or artificial fertilizers. For many food retail customers, the organic label is the most important indicator of certified organic quality. ALDI regularly verifies its compliance with the requirements, both by means of internal controls and by independent certification bodies, which goes beyond the statutory requirements.
"We put a lot of emphasis on the sustainable and trustworthy production of our goods, and our controls pay particular attention to their origin and quality," says Phillip Skorning, deputy general manager Quality and Corporate Responsibility at ALDI SOUTH. "With the expansion of our organic range, we make our contribution to environmental and animal welfare, because sustainability and careful use of resources are very important for ALDI." The availability of such a large selection of organic products can only be achieved through close and trusted cooperation with the suppliers and the continuous development of private labels.
Source: Aldi Nord / Aldi Süd
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 10/17/2018 Candid conversation with National Organic Standards Board (NOSB) members
- 10/16/2018 Cooparation between Lidl and Organic Association, Bioland
- 10/16/2018 LEMA: "We're like your dream organic fruit shopping mall"
- 10/12/2018 Availability of organic products on the rise in Bulgaria
- 10/11/2018 Organic Grower Summit announces second education session
- 10/11/2018 How organic agriculture in Cuba saved its population from hunger
- 10/10/2018 Fresh produce supplier announces organic asparagus program
- 10/09/2018 Vietnam: US$130 million invested in organic fruit farming zone
- 10/09/2018 Ukraine keeps expanding organic acreage
- 10/09/2018 Organic sector calls for much clearer contingency measures
- 10/08/2018 Trademark protection for EU organic logo expires
- 10/08/2018 Organic sector calls for clearer contingency measures as Brexit looms
- 10/01/2018 South Africa: Woolworths called out for ‘organics’ claim
- 09/27/2018 NOW Organic launches fresh organic juices
- 09/27/2018 Organic greens, E-commerce, Big Data and the Internet of Things
- 09/27/2018 South Africa: Woolworths removes organic baby spinach from shelves
- 09/26/2018 Upper Austria: 20 percent of growers farms are 'organic'
- 09/26/2018 Year-round organic avocado program launched
- 09/25/2018 Cambodia: Khmer Organic & Heifer to build up organic agriculture
- 09/21/2018 Organic edible flowers in pots: maximized freshness at one's fingertips