- Account Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Grower - Australia
- Director of Marketing & Communications - Summerland (BC), Canada
- Lead Auditor
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region - Antwerp - Quality Assurance Supervisor
- General Manager Australia
- Einkaufskoordinator/in - Austria
- Chief plant protection agronomist
- Сhief agronomist
- Head of Sales for Mexico and Latin America
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
Just in time for Fruit Logistica 2018
Interko launches new ripening room product
As it celebrates its 50th anniversary this year, the pioneering Dutch designer, manufacturer and installer has developed a new generation of adjustable load separators that can seal pallets of any size and eliminate loss of airflow.
By enabling users to expand the adjustable load separator to fit different pallet lengths, the technology makes it easier to ripen bananas arriving from different sources around the world.
“The team at Interko has been busy responding to a particular challenge posed to us by several clients worldwide,” explains Interko’s Managing Director/Partner, Chris Maat.
“Over the last seven to eight months we have successfully designed and built a new adjustable load separator that is more flexible, quicker and easier to operate than the standard version.
“Unlike our previous rotating design, this new adjustable load separator is movable by means of being mechanically collapsed and expanded, which also makes it significantly more stable and robust than its predecessor.”
The technology is intended for use within Interko’s single-tier Ultimo ripening room, although it can be installed in double-tier rooms. As such, it suits smaller banana ripening operations.
Thanks to the input of an expert industrial designer, the new adjustable load separator also offers improved usability, as well as solid European build quality by Interko in the Netherlands.
Over the past five decades, the team at Interko has used its energy, experience and vision to continually push the boundaries of research and design to develop innovative solutions that respond to evolving supply chain challenges and consumer demands.
“The launch of our adjustable load separator once again demonstrates Interko’s dedication to progression by delivering pioneering products that truly add value for our customers,” states Chris.
Further details about Interko’s evolution will be discussed at next week’s Fruit Logistica, where Chris will give a special presentation on the Fruit Logistica 2018 Tech Stage.
On Thursday 8 February, in Hall 8.1 at 16.00, Chris will present a technical exploration of the logistical role of ripening in the fresh produce supply chain over the last 50 years
During the special talk, Chris will take the audience on a journey from field to plate. With different fruits arriving from various sources that are destined for distinct markets, he will illustrate the challenges of perfecting the ripening process for individual applications.
“From optimising airflow to accommodating various box designs and fine-tuning the subsequent logistics, I will explain how such challenges can be overcome thanks to the development of tailored and adaptable ripening rooms featuring state-of-the-art technology,” Chris reveals.
Interko is exhibiting at Fruit Logistica 2018. Any visitors are welcome to meet the Interko team in Hall 1.2 on stand D-12.
See Interko on the Fruit Logistica Tech Stage, Hall Hall 8.1 at 16.00 on Thursday 8 February
Tel: +31 (0)79 593 2581
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 10/19/2018 Onions: high prices and a 'wait-and-see' market
- 10/16/2018 Advantages of the Mater-Bi mulch film for processing tomatoes
- 10/04/2018 Mushrooms are the summer surprise: an increase in consumption
- 09/21/2018 Frigga: New product launch conference at Hong Kong Asian Fruit and Vegetable Exhibition
- 07/19/2018 China: Price of most agricultural products showed a downward trend in first half of the year
- 04/10/2018 New technology for post-harvest treatment of avocados
- 03/30/2018 Solution to prevent blotchy ripening in tomatoes
- 03/23/2018 Europe: Tomatoes most popular vegetable - bananas most-loved fruit
- 02/21/2018 France: Traces of pesticide in 75% of vegetables and 41% of fruits
- 02/05/2018 What is the decisive factor when buying fresh produce?
- 02/02/2018 Make your own´veggie pattie´ packs launched in Sweden
- 02/01/2018 Interko launches new ripening room product
- 01/26/2018 Extra crispy dehydrated fruit and veg snacks
- 01/12/2018 Innovation and biotechnology applied to the field
- 01/08/2018 China: New type of single-use PDF temperature recorder to hit market soon
- 11/21/2017 Spain: Mango-flavoured gin created in Andalusia
- 10/11/2017 "Spain: "Use your time to enjoy fruit, not to peel it"
- 07/05/2017 Spain: Anti-humidity filter for the absorption of ethylene in trucks and warehouses
- 06/23/2017 Snack food manufacturer launches new peanut and fruit snack products
- 06/15/2017 Are there too many kinds of tomatoes in German shops?