Job offersmore »
- Department Chair and Professor of Human Ecology - Davis (CA) USA
- Factory Manager Assistant - Huizhou, China
- Internal Salesperson - Netherlands
- Crop Manager - Northern France
- Farm General Manager - Egypt
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Projectleider Export - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Sales representative - Eastern PA, DE, MD, VA & WV, USA
- Sales representative - Michigan, USA
- Assistant Grower - Delta (BC), Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Hong Kong Centre for Food Safety announces food safety report for December 2017The Centre for Food Safety (CFS) of the Food and Environmental Hygiene Department on January released the findings of its food safety report for last month (December 2017). The results of about 10,000 food samples tested were found to be satisfactory. There were eight unsatisfactory samples. The overall satisfactory rate was 99.9 %.
A CFS spokesman said about 1,100 food samples were collected for microbiological tests, some 2,400 samples were taken for chemical tests and the remaining 6,500 (including about 6,000 taken from food imports from Japan) were collected to test radiation levels.
The microbiological tests covered pathogens and hygienic indicators, while the chemical tests aimed at detecting pesticides, preservatives, metallic contaminants, colouring matters, veterinary drug residues and others.
Website 7thspace.com reports that among the tested products were some 2,500 samples of vegetables and fruit and their related products. Among the eight unsatisfactory samples were two tangerine samples with pesticide residue at levels exceeding the legal limit and a dried Chinese white cabbage sample with colouring matter.
Publication date: 2/1/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: