Job offersmore »
- Quality Assurance Quality Control - Canada
- Senior growers/agronomists - China
- Account Manager Foodservice en Groothandel DACH - Netherlands
- Business Development Manager - California
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Import Assistant and Operations Assistant - Netherlands
- Farms Director UK - South East
- Agronomist to work abroad
- Export salesperson GERMANY - Barcelona, Spain
- Account Manager Zachtfruit Scandinavië en Duitsland - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
- Spain: Report accuses major veg producer of severe environmental damage
- Grape grower-shipper opens new warehouse in Nogales, AZ
- One of New Zealand’s newest apple varieties starts Dazzling the world
- AU: New technology delivering biodegradable produce labels
- China: Dragon fruit prices down slightly compared to previous years
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Hong Kong Centre for Food Safety announces food safety report for December 2017The Centre for Food Safety (CFS) of the Food and Environmental Hygiene Department on January released the findings of its food safety report for last month (December 2017). The results of about 10,000 food samples tested were found to be satisfactory. There were eight unsatisfactory samples. The overall satisfactory rate was 99.9 %.
A CFS spokesman said about 1,100 food samples were collected for microbiological tests, some 2,400 samples were taken for chemical tests and the remaining 6,500 (including about 6,000 taken from food imports from Japan) were collected to test radiation levels.
The microbiological tests covered pathogens and hygienic indicators, while the chemical tests aimed at detecting pesticides, preservatives, metallic contaminants, colouring matters, veterinary drug residues and others.
Website 7thspace.com reports that among the tested products were some 2,500 samples of vegetables and fruit and their related products. Among the eight unsatisfactory samples were two tangerine samples with pesticide residue at levels exceeding the legal limit and a dried Chinese white cabbage sample with colouring matter.
Publication date: 2/1/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: