Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
- Kenya overtakes South Africa to become Africa's biggest exporter of avocados
- Italy: 150 million euros confiscated from fruit and veg Mafiosi
- “Drop in Turkish lira is making us a lot more money”
- “We recognize the different specifications our customers are looking for”
- California labor shortage drives container growing for berries
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Danny Deen, Denimpex: "Loved among specialists, but comes with a price tag"
"The only importer of Japanese onions in Europe"
The first Japanese onions have arrived again at Denimpex. "We are now in our third year of importing these onions. They were offered by the largest cooperation in Japan at the time and the onions are popular among our customers. We expand the volume a little every year. We're the only importer in Europe with Japanese onions," says Danny Deen.
"They are coarse onions (90+) and this market is mainly dominated by Spanish onions at this period. Specialists, who are tired of the Spanish trade, can make good use of Japanese onions. We can bridge the season to the switch to Chilean with them. We have customers for these onions all over Europe, but they are specialists, as there is a price tag attached," concludes Danny.
For more information:
Sint Antoniesbreestraat 10
1011 HB Amsterdam – Holland
T: +31 20 6246390
F: +31 20 6225448
Publication date: 2/1/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: