- Business Development Manager - LED Horticulture
- General Manager/Sales Manager - Mannum, South Australia
- Produce sales professionals
- Salesman - Vojvodina, North Serbia
- Internationaal Verkoper / Trader AGF - Barendrecht
- Production lab manager - Oregon, USA
- Verkoper Groothandelsmarkten - Rotterdam
- Procurement Executive - Middle East
- Experienced export manager looking for new opportunities
- Sales Executive Fruit & Exotics - Rotterdam
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
- Russia to check Belarusian mushrooms intended for export to this market
- China: Relatively good market prospects for Jinqiu Shatang tangerines
- Chile: Record fruit exports to China
- "We are extremely concerned about the lack of certainty, the lack of assurances that the UK government has provided"
- USDA restricts PACA violators in FL, NJ, NY and WA from operating in the produce industry
Pakistan researchers discovering genetic secrets of mangoes
Interestingly, the team also found some very important medicinal properties in all varieties of mango. Genomics and molecular data of mangoes was studied by scientists with the help of sophisticated computers and bioinformatic tools, which revealed valuable insights on the secrets of the mango.
“Dozens of mango varieties are commercially grown. However, the complete genome information of the mango is not available. Nonetheless, transcriptomics data, (a complete set of RNA transcripts) is available for some mango varieties,” said Dr Waqasuddin Khan, speaking to The Express Tribune.
“Using sophisticated bioinformatics tools, we found some specific biomolecules that are responsible for flavour and colour in mango fruits” added Dr Khan.
Mangoes however also have unique compounds against many bacterial and viral activities. Pakistani experts also found two important compounds named Lupeol and β-amyrin in the Langra mango. Lupeol has anti-inflammatory, anti-tumour and chemopreventive properties. The compound β-amyrin has anti-inflammatory and hypolipideimic (fat lowering) effects.
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-11-16 ‘Regular vegetable intake keeps heart healthy’
- 2018-11-16 Nutritionists point at amazing property of avocado
- 2018-11-16 New technology takes 87% of sugars out of fruit juice
- 2018-11-16 Eating green vegetables helps prevent fall injuries
- 2018-11-14 Health benefits of eating black grapes with seeds
- 2018-11-13 Resistant germs: Can raw food and lettuce be health risks?
- 2018-11-13 Fight disease with an anti-inflammatory diet
- 2018-11-13 A healthy alternative to antibiotics
- 2018-11-12 Grapefruits – 5 health benefits
- 2018-11-01 ‘There is a link between eating fruit & veg and risk of asthma and allergies”
- 2018-10-26 Hass Avocado Board participates in FNCE 2018
- 2018-10-23 Seed researcher and producer raises money in heart and stroke walks
- 2018-10-17 Who needs botox?
- 2018-10-12 The Chiquita blue sticker turns pink for a good cause!
- 2018-10-11 Omani women use cherimoya to develop remedy against hair loss
- 2018-10-11 Horticulture initiative focuses on nutrients: "Healthy food makes you feel better"
- 2018-10-08 80% of retailers rally together to drive up veg consumption in UK
- 2018-10-02 Pumpkin donuts for Halloween
- 2018-09-25 Fruity beauty: Use of fruit in personal care products increases 10.7%
- 2018-09-19 ‘Agroecology can feed Europe pesticide-free in 2050’