- General Manager/Sales Manager - Mannum, South Australia
- Produce sales professionals
- Salesman - Vojvodina, North Serbia
- Internationaal Verkoper / Trader AGF - Barendrecht
- Production lab manager - Oregon, USA
- Verkoper Groothandelsmarkten - Rotterdam
- Procurement Executive - Middle East
- Experienced export manager looking for new opportunities
- Sales Executive Fruit & Exotics - Rotterdam
- Product Manager / Concept Manager - Verspakketten - Ridderkerk
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
Becoming third largest orange exporter to China
Egypt’s citrus farms prosper due to Chinese demand
In fact, Egypt, famous for producing sweet juicy oranges, has become the third largest exporter of citrus to China after South Africa and the United States. In 2015, export to China was just over 23,000 tons. It then increased to more than 36,000 tons in 2016, only to exceed 101,000 tons in 2017.
Han Bing, economic and commercial counsellor at China's Embassy in Cairo, noted that Egypt's orange exports to China hit $20 million in 2015 and sharply increased to $80 million in 2016. “The Chinese market is big, open and highly-competitive. Our imports from all over the world will reach 10 trillion dollars in the next five years," Hang told Xinhua.
He said he expected to see a further increase in the exports of Egyptian agricultural products to China in the future. "We help Egyptians improve the quality of products to reach our import standards and we expect to see more Egyptian agricultural products in the Chinese market."
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-11-13 Crisis officially over but Greeks hardly notice it
- 2018-11-13 US: Florida orange production down 3 per cent from October forecast
- 2018-11-13 Spain: "Citrus volume from South Africa will start falling sharply soon"
- 2018-11-13 Spain: Quality of Cordoba's citrus will be higher this campaign
- 2018-11-13 Taiwan: Market entry of Taidong Navel orange delayed
- 2018-11-12 How to prevent the appearance of 'creasing' in Navel oranges
- 2018-11-12 "Good harvest of, somewhat smaller, Berkane Clementines"
- 2018-11-12 The Sicilian PGI Red Orange campaign has officially started
- 2018-11-12 China: Green oranges from Qiongzhong enter market in bulk
- 2018-11-12 Devaluation of Turkish lira puts pressure on citrus market
- 2018-11-12 Tunisia: Citrus production up 35% in Cap Bon
- 2018-11-09 China: Mandarin harvest from Linhai enters market in bulk
- 2018-11-09 China: Relatively good market prospects for Jinqiu Shatang tangerines
- 2018-11-09 Peru: Lime exports increased by 40% this year
- 2018-11-09 Plenty of small fruit in early California Navel crop
- 2018-11-09 Water restrictions, hot temperatures squeeze Arizona's lemon industry
- 2018-11-08 Agreement reached for the export of citrus fruit to China by air
- 2018-11-08 Argentina: Internal problems hamper the entry of citrus fruits to international markets
- 2018-11-08 "European chains forced to change their caliber requirements for lemons"
- 2018-11-08 New mandarin snacking stations aim to attract health-concious buyers