- General Manager Australia
- Head of Sales for Mexico and Latin America
- Сhief agronomist
- Chief plant protection agronomist
- Einkaufskoordinator/in - Austria
- Finance Manager for a Leading International Fresh Produce Business
- Sales Consultants Fertilizer - various European countries
- Product & Efficiency Manager - Role Based in Holland with regular trips to the UK
- Export Manager
- Highly Experienced Agribusiness Professional now Available
Top 5 -yesterday
- China: Red choy sum on the market one month early
- AC Foods chooses blueberry vision from Unitec for quality sorting of blueberries
- Spain: "The popularity of Satsuma mandarins is growing again"
- MSC accelerates deployment of smart containers for customers
- "Insect pests will increase due to climate change"
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
Whole fresh chain united in new UAE green factory
"Fresh lettuce and herbs completely free from any pesticides"
"A unique combination of vertical & horizontal farming in a pesticide-free environment, with our own propagation area. And in addition to that a connected packing facility, which allows us to mix and pack 100% clean mix salads. Non washed and all ready-to-eat."
Unique about this project is how a fresh trade company partners up with the technical suppliers and starts growing themselves. "Together with our business partner GrowGroup, we are bringing technology in vertical and horizontal farming to the next level. In close cooperation with our knowledge partners Philips Lighting, Rijk Zwaan and Delphy. All specialists sharing their unique expertise and knowledge in making this new venture a success."
"The joint objective is to serve the final consumer fresh lettuce and herbs, and completely free from any pesticides or other forms of crop protection. By selecting the tastiest crops, the strongest varieties and establishing clean production, we are able to serve the consumer the best produce within 24 hour after harvest… ready-to-eat." According to Levarht, the products are so clean, they don’t even have to wash them before packing.
Horizontal and vertical farming - Photos by Philips
Sustainability, the future in farming
By creating a completely closed environment in production, using the latest generation of LED lighting, the usage of water and energy can be reduced to a minimum. "We also see a great opportunity in growing close to the stores and final consumer. Local production enables us to reduce mileage and imports. So not only fresher produce on the shelves, but also a step forwards in protecting the environment."
Bringing the best together
According to the Levarht team, this project in the Emirates matches their new pay-off ‘Bringing the best together’ in full. "We have found in each other strong partners, who share the philosophy of not only changing, but especially improving farming techniques and serving the consumer fresher, cleaner and tastier product. Partners sharing their unique expertise… the best example of 'Bringing the best together'."
For more information:
1430 AB Aalsmeer
Tel: +31 (0) 297 386611
Fax: +31 (0) 297 386666
GrowGroup IFS B.V.
2992 EL Barendrecht
tel +31 (0)85 -7500 265 (office)
tel +31 (0)6 - 2322 1646 (mobile Europe)
tel +971 (0)56 - 919 7520 (mobile Middle East)
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 10/12/2018 Village Farms launches 'sweet' or 'smooth' campaign
- 10/09/2018 End of greenhouse production season in sight
- 10/09/2018 BC bell pepper grower ramps up by cooling down
- 10/08/2018 DelFrescoPure® announces partnership with vertical farming company
- 10/04/2018 Turkey: Decline in agricultural production areas in Kutahya
- 10/03/2018 France's first fruit and vegetable tower blocks
- 10/02/2018 US (IA): Family-owned restaurant embraces hydroponics
- 10/01/2018 Hydroponic blueberry cultivation achieves 50% higher yields
- 10/01/2018 France: 90,000m2 of photovoltaic greenhouses for kiwi farming
- 09/28/2018 BayWa and Al Dahra harvest first premium tomatoes in the desert
- 09/26/2018 "Keeping up with high operational heating costs is a challenge"
- 09/20/2018 Growing exotic fruit during cold, dark Icelandic winters thanks to geothermal energy
- 09/19/2018 Germany: Scarce cucumbers and high prices - but things are getting better
- 09/19/2018 Lower pepper exports for Spain
- 09/13/2018 Company-university partnership helps build Mexico’s greenhouse industry
- 09/13/2018 Freight Farms announces 'Grown'
- 09/12/2018 Growing bananas in a greenhouse with a steam machine
- 09/10/2018 “We’re heading towards the best cucumber season in years”
- 09/07/2018 Danes research greenhouse grow lamps
- 08/31/2018 New analysis of horticulture branch in the Danish Odense