Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
- Malaysia: Japanese square watermelons sold in Kuala Lumpur
- Extreme temperatures in Europe cause worst vegetable crisis in 40 years
- Costa Rica: Pineapple producers fear the bonanza is coming to an end
- One a Day Banana Pack an option for European retail?
- European garlic competing with California on freight to East Coast
Top 5 - last week
- Significant increase of Egyptian agricultural exports to Russia
- ROP's modified atmosphere (MA) bulk liner and ROP's MA Ultra-thin film
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL TABLE GRAPE MARKET
- Kenya overtakes South Africa to become Africa's biggest exporter of avocados
- Italy: 150 million euros confiscated from fruit and veg Mafiosi
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Vietnam plans to export fruit to QatarVietnam’s Minister of Agriculture and Rural Development Nguyễn Xuân Cường said his country can fully meet Qatar’s demand for tropical fruits.
Last week, Cường said Vietnam had 1.8 million hectares of cultivation area for fruits and vegetables with an annual output of 20 million tonnes, adding that the figure would double in the future if demand increases. In 2017, vegetable and fruit export revenues hit $3.6 billion, up 50% over the previous year.
In the future, Vietnam will construct and put into operation ten more fruit and vegetable processing factories across the country. Furthermore, engineering and investment companies such as the Belgian Rent-A-Port company are currently helping Vietnam (and India as well) promote fruit and vegetable exports to Middle East countries, starting with Qatar.
A Vietnam News article mentioned the fact that Cường has admitted he wants to learn more about other types, such as bananas, grapefruit, dragon fruit and mango, as well as durian and coconut to add them to the list of fruits expected to be exported from Vietnam to the Middle East countries.
Publication date: 1/31/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: