Job offersmore »
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Import Assistant and Operations Assistant - Netherlands
- Farms Director UK - South East
- Agronomist to work abroad
- Export salesperson GERMANY - Barcelona, Spain
- Account Manager Zachtfruit Scandinavië en Duitsland - Netherlands
- International Editor
- Experienced tomato grower - Angola
- Sales Area Managers - Czech Republic, Eastern Europe, Portugal
- Chief Operations Officer - Deerfield (MA) USA
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Vietnam plans to export fruit to QatarVietnam’s Minister of Agriculture and Rural Development Nguyễn Xuân Cường said his country can fully meet Qatar’s demand for tropical fruits.
Last week, Cường said Vietnam had 1.8 million hectares of cultivation area for fruits and vegetables with an annual output of 20 million tonnes, adding that the figure would double in the future if demand increases. In 2017, vegetable and fruit export revenues hit $3.6 billion, up 50% over the previous year.
In the future, Vietnam will construct and put into operation ten more fruit and vegetable processing factories across the country. Furthermore, engineering and investment companies such as the Belgian Rent-A-Port company are currently helping Vietnam (and India as well) promote fruit and vegetable exports to Middle East countries, starting with Qatar.
A Vietnam News article mentioned the fact that Cường has admitted he wants to learn more about other types, such as bananas, grapefruit, dragon fruit and mango, as well as durian and coconut to add them to the list of fruits expected to be exported from Vietnam to the Middle East countries.
Publication date: 1/31/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: