Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Second season for Idaho's only commercial blueberry grower
- Wawona acquires stone fruit breeding operations of Burchell Nursery
- AU: New fully recyclable packaging set to take fresh produce industry by storm
- Walmart: purchase of Perimercados, Super Compro and Saretto
- New Transatlantic route brings huge vessels to Port of Liverpool
Exchange ratesmore »
Maersk launches new service between Asia and Latin AmericaToday, Maersk Line announced the launch of the new Asia – Latin America / West Coast South America services. The service will provide Maersk Line’s customers with new direct products for Colombia, the Caribbean and Pecem, Brazil. It will reduce transit times and offer greater port coverage, while maintaining the network’s leading reliability. The new service will begin operations at the beginning of April 2018.
To improve its product offering and optimise its Asia – Latin America / West Coast South America (AC) network: Maersk Line will add a fourth loop to the network at the beginning of April. The AC5 service, connecting Asia to Colombia, the Caribbean and Pecem, will provide greater port coverage and reduced transit times, most notably to the Colombian market.
The optimised network will deliver greater value for Maersk Line’s customers. This is in line with Maersk’s ambition announced in December 2017, that the integration of Maersk Line and Hamburg Süd will offer customers better market coverage, attractive direct services and other benefits via a combined global network. Maersk Line and Hamburg Süd’s combined capacity on the new network remains the same as the total capacity currently deployed by the two carriers respectively.
With the inclusion of a fourth loop Maersk Line will be able to provide dedicated and direct products for the Peru and Chilean markets via AC1, the Mexican and Central America markets via the AC2, and the Colombian, Panama and Caribbean markets via the new AC5, in addition to a pan West Coast Latin America service (AC3).
Click on the links below to view service maps and transit times:
Asia - South America
South America - Asia
For more information:
Tel: +45 3363 8515
Publication date: 1/31/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: