- Lead Auditor
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region - Antwerp - Quality Assurance Supervisor
- General Manager Australia
- Einkaufskoordinator/in - Austria
- Chief plant protection agronomist
- Сhief agronomist
- Head of Sales for Mexico and Latin America
- Finance Manager for a Leading International Fresh Produce Business
- Sales Consultants Fertilizer - various European countries
- Product & Efficiency Manager - Role Based in Holland with regular trips to the UK
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
Potato giant Manor Fresh overcomes poor UK harvest
The company, which employs more than 170 staff at its headquarters in Spalding, reported a slight drop in turnover to £ 59.2 million for the year up to 29 April 2017, down from £ 60.3 million the year before. Pre-tax profits stayed at £ 1.6 million.
According to Manor Fresh, the results come following the fourth smallest potato crop harvest in the country, going back to 1960. The estimated UK 2016 potato harvest totalled 5.2 million tons (compared to 5.4 million tons in 2015 and 5.7 million tons in 2014).
Insidermedia.com reports on how the company managed this challenging UK potato market environment effectively. It achieved this by collaborating closely with its growers and supply partners and was able to successfully maintain industry product and quality standards throughout the period.
[ 1 GBP = 1.138 Euros ]
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 10/17/2018 Spain: Potato campaign coming to an end in Castile-Leon
- 10/17/2018 “More potato virus cases suspected”
- 10/17/2018 UK potato farmers feel effects of variable weather
- 10/17/2018 "Very few transactions on the fresh market"
- 10/17/2018 Belgium: Potato yield, size and EPS are the lowest in the last 4 harvests
- 10/16/2018 Test grubbing delivers lower yields than expected
- 10/15/2018 Potato, onion and carrot market in Lower Austria: Stable market situation
- 10/15/2018 “We’ve never been out of potatoes before”
- 10/15/2018 ''Hurricane leads to sweet potato harvest problems in the US''
- 10/15/2018 Scotland: Guide for potato pest
- 10/15/2018 Italy: The price of potatoes is increasing
- 10/15/2018 Potatoes turned into crisps in 53 minutes
- 10/15/2018 Walkers launches Brussels sprouts flavoured crisps
- 10/12/2018 Wisconsin potato grower introduces Harvest Delites brand
- 10/11/2018 Durian potato chips appearing in China
- 10/11/2018 Potato virus no threat to New Zealand chip supply
- 10/11/2018 US: North Carolina farmers fear impact on sweet potato crop
- 10/11/2018 Onion market and crop update for October 11, 2018
- 10/10/2018 Toiling to make the perfect chip
- 10/10/2018 Colorado potato harvest approaching end