Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
- Malaysia: Japanese square watermelons sold in Kuala Lumpur
- Extreme temperatures in Europe cause worst vegetable crisis in 40 years
- Costa Rica: Pineapple producers fear the bonanza is coming to an end
- One a Day Banana Pack an option for European retail?
- European garlic competing with California on freight to East Coast
Top 5 - last week
- Significant increase of Egyptian agricultural exports to Russia
- ROP's modified atmosphere (MA) bulk liner and ROP's MA Ultra-thin film
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL TABLE GRAPE MARKET
- Kenya overtakes South Africa to become Africa's biggest exporter of avocados
- Italy: 150 million euros confiscated from fruit and veg Mafiosi
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
No problems expected for export tomatoes to Russia in 2018
Azerbaijan may grant subsidies for tomato exportThe Chairman of Azerbaijan’s State Customs Committee, Aydin Aliyev, addressing a conference on the “The State Program on socio-economic development of the regions of the Republic of Azerbaijan in 2014-2018” in Baku, on January 29, proclaimed he expected no problems concerning the export of tomatoes to Russia in 2018
In 2017, Azerbaijan was accused by Russian officials of re-exporting -the embargoed- Turkish tomatoes to Russia. But these unjust accusations had been disproven, according to Aliyev.
So in 201 there should be no serious problems with the export of tomatoes to Russia, and if problems should arise, the Customs Committee will be ready to solve them.
Recently, President IIham Aliyev, opened a new greenhouse in Baku Agropark, which covers 11 hectares for the cultivation of tomatoes. The first phase of this tomato greenhouse project in Azerbaijan was started by the Dutch greenhouse construction company, Debets Schalke on December 2016. Last July, this project was completed and cultivation started.
According to an azernews article, tomatoes were the main (non-oil) export product of 2017; the total volume of purchases on foreign markets amounted to $ 151.6 million.
Publication date: 1/31/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: