- Lead Auditor
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region - Antwerp - Quality Assurance Supervisor
- General Manager Australia
- Einkaufskoordinator/in - Austria
- Chief plant protection agronomist
- Сhief agronomist
- Head of Sales for Mexico and Latin America
- Finance Manager for a Leading International Fresh Produce Business
- Sales Consultants Fertilizer - various European countries
- Product & Efficiency Manager - Role Based in Holland with regular trips to the UK
Top 5 -yesterday
- "Current Chinese garlic price slightly lower than same time last year"
- Farmers maintaining high productivity despite dry spells
- “Short and interesting sweet potato season from the US”
- Automotive technology used in asparagus harvesting machine
- Wholesaler-Distributor produce operation training checklists now available
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
Javelin watermelon can be an asset when bad weather hits Australia
For Martens, co-owner of Marto Farms, a year's average rainfall falling on his watermelon crop within two months was unexpected. Unfortunately for the Bundaberg vegetable grower, this is exactly what happened in the latter half of 2017.
"Some watermelon varieties really don't cope well with such extreme rainfall," he said. "That's why we were extremely happy that we decided to grow Javelin again this year."
News-mail.com reported on the Javelin, Syngenta's latest watermelon, bred specifically for Australian growers and markets, featuring a shorter maturity than some traditional varieties.
"Because the variety has a faster maturity rate than others it allowed us to harvest a little earlier, which ended up making all the difference," Martens said.
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 10/15/2018 AC Foods chooses blueberry vision from Unitec for quality sorting of blueberries
- 10/15/2018 Australian summerfruit growers exporting to China receive extra funding
- 10/12/2018 Free fruit initiative Pick n Pay is a roaring success
- 10/12/2018 Growing focus on red grapes in Namibia
- 10/12/2018 AU: Projects underway in Northern NSW to increase berry growing efficiency
- 10/11/2018 The only organic stonefruit this time of the year comes from South Africa
- 10/11/2018 Argentinian blueberries just beginning imports
- 10/05/2018 Developments in apple production and trade in Turkey
- 10/05/2018 Moldovan apple production again expected to increase
- 10/05/2018 Sharp increase of Turkish apple exports to Russia and Belarus
- 10/05/2018 California grapes included in test kitchen seminar
- 10/05/2018 New Zealand avocado industry on track to bounce back from last year's low volume season
- 10/04/2018 Tomato production and increasing prices in Turkish market
- 10/04/2018 New pomegranate processing plant inaugurated in Southern Italy
- 10/04/2018 “There has only been a very short period where demand and supply was in balance"
- 10/04/2018 France: fruit and vegetable prices above the five year average
- 10/03/2018 Cosmic Crisp consumer launch campaign underway
- 10/03/2018 Turkey: New dam in Alasehir will benefit grape growers
- 10/03/2018 Croatia: Social Media and home delivery of Neretva tangerines
- 10/02/2018 Australia : BiteRiot! preparing to send cherries directly to the Chinese market